Menu

sore throat remedy

My throat is very sore right now. I don't think I can do it. Maybe some apple cider with a lot of cloves could work?

gargle with salt water. The sore throat will develop from sinus drainage down the back, and the salt water cleans everything off the throat.

I have a sore throat, and dh just had me try a remedy he heard from a woman he works with.

Chew up and swallow one whole clove.

It's gross but it worked instantly to stop my throat pain. I don't know how long it lasts yet.

It'll taste better if you put cloves in a warmed glass of water, lemon juice, and whiskey, and add some honey. It works AND tastes good...and if you don't like/can't have whiskey, I imagine you could leave it out. :D

Oooo, that sounds... so garlic-y! :tongue_smilie:

If you like natural remedies, give this Chinese watermelon frost powder a try for sore throats, it's great.

http://onsaninc.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=50

We're talking about cloves the spice, like the thing you stick in a ham, right? Not garlic cloves...although they pretty much cure everything too.

We're talking about cloves the spice, like the thing you stick in a ham, right? Not garlic cloves...although they pretty much cure everything too.

Oops! You're right.

Hmm... I'll have to remember that. It seems like everyone around me is coming down with a cold.