Menu

Sleet & ice--Nasty weather here!

Schools were closed here in NY today because of ice, of course, not ours;). Ds was taking a test and decided he didn't want to answer the stupid essay question at the end. "But mom, most kids don't even have school today." Who am I to argue? He always completes all of his work and he just turned in a wonderful three page essay for the same class. Needless to say, we skipped the essay question, ended school rather early, and headed straight for the computer games. LOL

All the schools have sent everyone home. The businesses and stores are even shutting down. Today it is suppose to drop from 30 degress to -7 with a wind chill of -30. Wind gusts up to 40mph.

Buttoning down the hatches on the farm.

Brrrrrr....

character0080.gif Stay warm! It's 75 degrees here. It would be great if the humidity wasn't 1000%!

Our weather is mid 40s right now....suppossed to drop to 8 degrees between the hours of 6- 9pm tonight. We are under a winter storm warning.

I guess Chicago area is under blizzard warning unless they have changed it.

I love winter when you can ski...but when it is wet and rainy or too bone chilling cold to ski it makes winter dreary..... ;(

Alison

We had this massive storm move in so fast! When I left at 11:15 to pick up my son from a thing, the roads were clear and dry, and by 12:30, when we got home, we had about 5 inches of new snow and literally couldn't see our neighbor's house across the street. The plows hadn't hit the freeways yet and I was so thankful to make it home without incident. It was pretty scary there for a while! I was so glad to have all my little cowboys home, dry and safe with me!

You know, we just read On The Banks of Plum Creek, and I thought of you when Ma had to tend to the chores during the blizzard b/c Pa wasn't home. You've got your wood all brought in, right? ;)

I was comparing our weather to Little House books earlier today in another post. Having work to do outside is a definite added element to the elements.;) What part of the country are you in, Dy?

I'm over here in Minnesota. Yesterday it was 48 degrees. Right now it's -3 and still dropping and the wind is horrible. I have workers up on my roof installing an exhaust fan vent...outside, in the country, nothing to block the wind. And....he almost fell off the roof!:eek:

I need a hot shower just to warm up.