Menu

I goofed big time and don't know if it can be fixed.

I bought diabetic testing strips (for over $100). I opened them at home and put them in my meter and my meter won't respond. The name on the box is the same on my meter but my meter adds the word "lite". I'm going to the pharmacy soon to throw myself on their mercy. But honestly, will they take back an opened box of test strips even though I didn't use any?

I bought diabetic testing strips (for over $100). I opened them at home and put them in my meter and my meter won't respond. The name on the box is the same on my meter but my meter adds the word "lite". I'm going to the pharmacy soon to throw myself on their mercy. But honestly, will they take back an opened box of test strips even though I didn't use any?

Probably not, but I'd contact the company that makes them, and see if they will help you out.

If the store won’t give an exchange, try selling them on Craigslist. I’ve seen many WTB offers in the baby/child section. I assume that people are hoping to purchase leftover strips from pregnant women that needed them to monitor gestational diabetes. You might get most of your cash back that way.

I'm so glad it worked for you! I was going to recommend trying to get the Lite meter. Sometimes they give them away on special deals, etc. I'm so glad they took them back. Whew!

I had the lite meter. It was the "normal" strips that I accidentally picked up. But you're right. Dh came home and said "If they hadn't taken them back, you could have just ordered a free glucometer for those strips." Duh! I don't always think well under pressure. :tongue_smilie: