Menu

I didn't update here yet...but I'm having a...

GIRL after five boys. The first girl!

We are beyond excited. I'm a total boy mom and thought I'd NEVER have a girl (we just thought we made boys...lol). So I'm very happy and excited, but shocked!

Are girls really different from boys? I have no clue what to expect. It will be a fun new adventure! lol

Congrats!!!

We had our only girl 4th and then had another boy. I love having a daughter and I am sure you will too. They are a little different especially when they get older, but not too much. Honestly at first the only weird thing was changing her diaper because at least for me it seemed harder to get clean, iykwim.

Anyhow enjoy your daughter, enjoy buying dresses especially until she stops wanting to wear them and enjoy buying pink things if that's what you want.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Awww....

I don't know exactly if raising girls is different than boys because I have one of each and they both have such disparate personalities. But DD is more dramatic for sure.

And I did sob my eyes out the first time I read in some Hallmark-ian card or whatever that when your daughter is born, you will hold the hand of the person who will be holding your hand when you die. Eep but true. There's just something about a daughter.

(Although I hope my son is holding my other hand! DH can have a foot. :D )

Edited by Jennifer3141

Congratulations!!! (As the soon-to-be mom of another girl: ) Girls are awesome!

I had my girl first so my son was the shocker to me. Lol! Girls definitely take more effort to clean up after a diaper change. My boy was way more physical than my girl from day 1. My DS was (and really still is) much more of an explorer than my DD as a baby. My DS was allll about his mommy as a baby; my DD was allll about her daddy. They both are still like that - DD is a total daddy's girl and my DS is a mommy's boy (although I hate that phrase).

All of that could be just differences between kids regardless of sex, but that's what I've noticed.

Congrats! We have three boys and then our girl. I love boys, don't get me wrong, but there is something special about having a daughter. Our little one is so sweet and loves to help me all the time. She is obsessed with babies and pink, but loves "mighty machines" and playing monster tag. And she stands up for herself when the boys bother her, too!

Come ON, Girls are easy to clean at diaper-changes. Just wipe downwards and in between too. So easy. Boys are still a surprise to me (not that I am investigating more surprises, all done, but I do have 3 of them!!).

And congratulations! I was thrilled my last one was a girl as I had always wanted a girl to bond with after raising all the rest!

Three boys and two girls here.

Here is the difference. I had the girls in one tub and the boys in another. They were just across the hall from one another so I was watching both.

The boys were flinging water all over the tub, on the floor, on each other, on the walls, it was wild wild wild.

The girls were having a nice quiet tea party.

"They" say boys are harder when they are younger and girls when they are older, but I dunno if I think so...........

Hahhaa, Remudamom. My girl is a Climber, last son was a Ballplayer (as in 24/7 form age 1 till almost 3). Dd today took a baby rocking chair and used it as a stool to climb onto (well, climb with one foot before screaming for help). Hilarious. Gosh, I love the toddler-stage the most!! Even the girl tantrums every two seconds. throwing herself on the ground, screaming.

:party:That is sweet! We had three boys and then a girl. Everything felt so good, she was a perfect little infant, toddler, kiddo, and continues to be a wonderful person. That brings back sweet memories. Yes, it is different!! I felt much better physically and mentally when pregnant with the girls than the boys.

Big congratulations!!!:grouphug:

Edited by gingerh
too personal

Three boys and two girls here.

Here is the difference. I had the girls in one tub and the boys in another. They were just across the hall from one another so I was watching both.

The boys were flinging water all over the tub, on the floor, on each other, on the walls, it was wild wild wild.

The girls were having a nice quiet tea party.

"They" say boys are harder when they are younger and girls when they are older, but I dunno if I think so...........

And in this house, it's DD who is the splasher. She cannot avoid water at all - even when we take her to Lake Michigan in January. If there's water to be seen, she must splash in it.

I agree on the diaper changes though. Girls are harder. Poo can hide in there.

However, potty training a girl verses a boy? Give me girls every time!!! DS once left me a poop print on the wall across from the toilet. He's the king of skidmarks. :ack2:

And he didn't train until he was 3. DD potty trained at 2 because she saw an older friend use the potty and she decided she wanted pretty panties too. Boom. That was it. And she cleaned herself so well!!

DS is just now getting to the point where I don't have to check him. At least the days of where he left me a nice, big streak on the toilet seat are gone. :glare:

Come ON, Girls are easy to clean at diaper-changes. Just wipe downwards and in between too. So easy. Boys are still a surprise to me (not that I am investigating more surprises, all done, but I do have 3 of them!!).

And congratulations! I was thrilled my last one was a girl as I had always wanted a girl to bond with after raising all the rest!

:iagree:

Congratulations!!! Girls are awesome. :)