Menu

September Crafters Challenge Update!

My challenge is to get dh to buy a new camera-computer cord so I can post pics, because I know you really love seeing my wonky squares.

This month's was a knit, purl and slip stitch effort, but I'm going to be brave next month and try doing one of those L shaped patches with the increasing and decreasing.

I've already decided on my challenge for next year too. I shall sew a badge on my blanket each week. I've got a whole bunch to sew on, and far too many that are coming undone. :glare:

Ok, I'm off to bed to watch old Dr Who episodes. William Hartnell has such a great face. Maybe his face wouldn't be so good if it wasn't supported by that wig, but they are a winning combo.

'Night!

Yes, Rosie, we want to see your wonky squares. :D It's more than I could do!

I haven't done near as much as I had hoped. I have a half-completed long-sleeved dress for my DD. I also made my first rag quilt. It's all sewn, I just have the snipping to do around the edges. It makes my hand cramp up so it's slow going.

Yes, Rosie--let's see the squares. I remember how tough it was as a beginner knitter. I couldn't even keep the same number of stitches in a project that had just knit and purl stitches. No increases or decreases, so each row should have had the same number of stitches. I don't do that as much anymore. :tongue_smilie:

This was another hat month for me--some for dd and some for charity.

I've been knitting a lot, but not always remembering to take pics of my projects. I just finished some socks for myself and some fingerless mitts for a musician friend. We were seeing her the day after her b-day and it was an outdoor show (and a bit chilly) so she was VERY happy!

Not only did I get pics...I posted them on my other blog. A blog that has not been updated in a long, long time. I'm going to try to post finished projects there more regularly. You can see the socks and mitts here: http://sticksandastring.blogspot.com/2011/09/sad-neglected-blogwith-new-pics.html

Yes, Rosie, we want to see your wonky squares. :D It's more than I could do!

I haven't done near as much as I had hoped. I have a half-completed long-sleeved dress for my DD. I also made my first rag quilt. It's all sewn, I just have the snipping to do around the edges. It makes my hand cramp up so it's slow going.

And so where are your pics, hmm? :toetap05:

Can I count my floors as a craft?

They are most boastworthy whether they are a craft or not!

Thankyou to you ladies who DID include pics! :tongue_smilie: (You are such a cheat, Jen, merely including your Etsy link. :p) Hat knitting, ugh, I can't imagine being able to knit in the round, but since that was invented before flat knitting, it mustn't be that difficult.

:lol: I'll post some pics when I finish DDs wonky dress. The sleeves are my own made-up pattern, so I'm a little scared to finish it. What if they're ridiculously short or way too long? :tongue_smilie:

Too long is easy, you cut some off. Too short is easier, you say it was supposed to be that way.

:lol:

Can I count my floors as a craft?

Ooh, that's gorgeous. I know who I'm pm-ing when I get ready to tackle mine!

I've been knitting a bit - 3 pairs of mittens, a lace scarf, and two cowls that are on needles right now - I never think to photograph them. Bugger.

Amey: felt them a bit, if they're wool.

Rosie: a) you can knit hats flat and seam them and b) you are only ever knitting with two needles in the round. The others just hang there dumbly until you (literally) get around to them.

I'm knitting one cowl flat, with a provisional cast on that will be grafted at the end... I don't think I've used straight needles for 20 years. It's weird.

Edited by MyCrazyHouse

I had to sew up a quick pair of pants for DS4.5 for our historical reenactment last weekend, but the only pics have his face rather clearly so not posting them. The pants weren't very exciting anyway.

But here are a couple of pics of the hooded cardi I knit up for DS4.5. I know the pics are mainly the same, but I thought Rosie would enjoy a couple more views of my pup. ;) I'm not entirely happy with this sweater, and the hood didn't turn out quite right. So I'll probably knit up a matching hat. DS chose the deer buttons. They're barely big enough, but the loops hook over the legs and antlers pretty well.

post-19547-13535085549492_thumb.jpg

post-19547-13535085549872_thumb.jpg

post-19547-13535085549492_thumb.jpg

post-19547-13535085549872_thumb.jpg