Menu

Help us come up with girl kitten names?

It looks like we are going to get a sweet little kitten - yay! I am working with a breeder who has kittens that will be available in about a month, after the surgery. She selects the kitten that is right for the family and said she won't say for another couple weeks until she is sure, but it is definitely a girl. I just don't know what she looks like. It is a Cornish Rex.

We won't finalize a name until we see her and see what fits, but we love brainstorming names. So far the kids like these.

- Luna

- Finley

- Maizy

- Jazzy

Want to share in the fun and help us compile a list? Preferably 2 syllables and unique (not too human-like)!

Oooh, Topaz! I am adding that to the list :)

I have Paisley on our list too. Pixie is also cute.

This is fun!

I do agree with the idea of having the cat for a while before finalizing though! You really need to "try the name on" to make sure it fits.

I just had to come back and say why this is so exciting for us. We are military and have moved around a lot (including Hawaii). Getting a cat feels very comforting, especially now. Our kids are old enough and mature enough to care well for a kitty, and we are near the end of our military time, and it just makes me feel sooo incredibly happy to be getting a kitty right now, which will make the house we're renting (and will be here another 2.5 years) a home. I'm positively glowing!

It looks like we are going to get a sweet little kitten - yay! I am working with a breeder who has kittens that will be available in about a month, after the surgery. She selects the kitten that is right for the family and said she won't say for another couple weeks until she is sure, but it is definitely a girl. I just don't know what she looks like. It is a Cornish Rex.

We won't finalize a name until we see her and see what fits, but we love brainstorming names. So far the kids like these.

- Luna

- Finley

- Maizy

- Jazzy

Want to share in the fun and help us compile a list? Preferably 2 syllables and unique (not too human-like)!

I'm amused by names like "Shroedinger." ;)

We had "CleoCatra." ;-)

Very cute!

Wrinkles

Crinkles

Lamby, Lammy, or Lambie

Little Lamb (that breed sometimes has fur that looks like a lamb)

Sheepy

Batty (the ears)

Ratty (they have tails that look like rat tails)

Stilts / Stiltz (long legs)

Tarsy (reminds me of a tarsier)

Monkey Face

Spy

Fawn (reminds me of a baby deer)

We tend to like names describing how the animal looks.

Have fun!

Very cute!

Wrinkles

Crinkles

Lamby' date=' Lammy, or Lambie

Little Lamb (that breed sometimes has fur that looks like a lamb)

Sheepy

Batty (the ears)

Ratty (they have tails that look like rat tails)

Stilts / Stiltz (long legs)

Tarsy (reminds me of a tarsier)

Monkey Face

Spy

Fawn (reminds me of a baby deer)

We tend to like names describing how the animal looks.

Have fun![/quote']

We have been reading The Penderwicks aloud, and I suggested Batty - kind of funny that I didn't think about the name being suitable because of her ears :)

Guest IdahoMtnMom

My little kitty (although my ex husband has her... he wanted the cats and I got the kids, lol) is Xena. All our pets were named in that line... Hera was our female doggie and our male dogs were Thor and Apollo.

Guest IdahoMtnMom

I just saw the "Willow" mention... my new puppy is Willow (registered name Amadea Willow Sage)... she is a white golden retriever... I get a lot of compliments on her name :-)