Menu

Dansko clog people

I know there are several of you who wear them. I tried on an adorable pair yesterday, but they slop in the back when I walk. I didn't buy them, but they were so cute! Are they supposed to slop in the heel when they have a back? Please tell me how to wear them, because Im in love with the leopard printed things!

But I don't understand "slop in the back". Does that mean move side to side or your foot rises up & down in the shoe while you walk?

Some Dansko shoes are more fitted than others. A Dansko rep should help you with which are better for people with wider feet and which for narrow feet. Not all Dansko's are good for all shoe widths.

Same here...fits loosely at the heel. I loved mine until I became a runner. My clogs were getting worn out so they were looser than when I bought them (4 years prior, I'm cheap!) and so I was afraid of rolling my ankle(s). I should consider a new pair because that probably wouldn't happen...I was just super nervous when it came to training for my first marathon. I was paranoid I was going to injure myself and be out of the race so I just quit wearing them. On the whole, I loved them the first three years! :lol:

I am on my 6th and 7th pair and I really only wear them besides my sneakers. Right now I have a pair with no back and one with. They are meant to be loose on your heel and you do not notice after you get used to them. You can wear them comfortably with or without socks. I can't imagine not loving them!

Different pairs within the same style will differ slightly in size. I try on *many* pairs so that I get the one that feels the most comfortable. The store sales person should be able to help you make the decision.

When I bought my first pair I bought the largest ones in my size, and yes, I turn my ankle in them if I am not careful. I wear them when I am going to be mostly standing. When I bought my next pairs ( and I have many! :D) I made sure that they fit more closely to my foot and I don't have that turn-y feeling.

My advice: Try on every pair in the store! :D

I have had 2 pairs of LL Bean ones: one with backs fit loose like Dansko's, others backless & more padded collar fit much better. Best ones yet are Land's End ones with backs for $50 regulary, I got on sale for $35. They have lots of colors & fit without slipping. I know they (Dansko)say it's how they fits, but for most people who wear in healthcare or on feet alot get blisters & experience roll especially when walking briskly on possibly wet floors. I know someone who just got this weekend & is bringing them back. They were fitted by store clerk. HTH

Are they supposed to slop in the heel when they have a back? !

I love dansko's and practically live in them during the fall/winter/spring period.

yes, they're supposed to go up and down - mostly keeps rocks and stuff out of your shoe. they're clogs - the back is only for looks.

I was very sad that a pair I found in hawaii didn't fit me. they had a canvas hibiscus print with rubber toes to look like tennis shoes. I loved them, they were darling. sigh. (my daughter is positive they've recently resized them).