Menu

I hate reading aloud!

There, I said it. I do it but I don't like it. My kids love being read to so much so it gets done but I would rather do pretty much anything else. :nopity: There. I got my whining out for the evening.

I don't care to do it either. Around here, it's dh's job. Unless I'm feeling very mellow. ;)

Thank you Jenni for posting this! I thought I was the only one and have felt like a horrible mother for it :blushing:. I don't know why I don't like it but I just don't. I love to read to myself but for some reason reading aloud is not enjoyable. My three are still little so I do read to them, but definitely not as much as I think I should.

Maybe just saying this out loud will be cathartic :).

Marisa

I'd don't mind the first chapter of the day's reading...even the 2nd isn't too bad.....but anything after that and I start thinking of excuses to avoid the couch.... (I also love using the audiobook option for many of our *family reading*...but even with our great library system...some are just not available or way out of our price range)

I don't enjoy it, either. I don't mind reading picture books, but I do not enjoy reading chapter books and novels aloud. It's too slow, I get tired, and it's just not fun for me. I do it because DS enjoys it so much.

At least my DS is okay with my not doing voices. In fact, he actively encourages me not to when I make an attempt. :glare: ;) If he wanted me to do voices, I don't think I could stand it.