Menu

Pg pain question

It's that time of gestation when bones start moving around, & oh my gosh it hurts. Not all the time, all day, but when I first get up in the AM, in the eve. This AM I woke up feeling like my legs had been removed & reattached on the sides of my hips instead of the bottom, so every time I stand up or try to walk, I feel like I'm going to fall over, & the pain is killer.

I've got about 5wks to go, so I really can't just sit on the sofa. What do I do? Any way to fix it, or should I just chew on kids when they misbehave to alleviate the pain (no leather straps avail)? :lol:

Sounds like Pubis Symphasis Dysfunction. I had that and it hurts like the dickens. I was almost 100% relieved by a chiropractor who specialized in the Webster method/prenatal care. I couldn't raise one leg at a time (like to put on pants), it hurt so badly before treatment. I had to sit down and lean over to put on my pants...not easy when you have a big belly...

So I'm really just stuck sitting here for the next 5 wks? And that's ok? I feel SO guilty.

Yes, it IS ok. You're basting a baby.

YOU ARE BASTING A BABY.

I know, it's not thought much of these days, but YOU ARE BASTING A BABY.

That is some serious stuff. Take care of yourself, take care of the baby. Slow down slower than a snail. Let your body do all the work it needs to do. Just because you don't see what's going on, doesn't mean a miracle isn't about to occur.

Sounds like Pubis Symphasis Dysfunction. I had that and it hurts like the dickens. I was almost 100% relieved by a chiropractor who specialized in the Webster method/prenatal care. I couldn't raise one leg at a time (like to put on pants), it hurt so badly before treatment. I had to sit down and lean over to put on my pants...not easy when you have a big belly...

This was my thought too. If you think you might have it (do some research) do NOT sit cross-legged; that is the worst position for SPD.

Ahh, well, I didn't have that. Sitting cross legged relieved the pressure for me.

Hope you figure it out!

Ahh, well, I didn't have that. Sitting cross legged relieved the pressure for me.

Hope you figure it out!

It was horrible! Had it all four pgs...but didn't figure out what it was and the help that was available until baby #4. Hurrumph. The difference after one chiro treatment was amazing, though. And it helps align your pelvis so birth is easier. It was all good, in my book!:D

I'm right there with you, except I have about 3 weeks left. My best advice is to not push it. I took the kids to the Homeschool Day at Sea World yesterday. BIG mistake.

Speechless. You need someone w/ a big stick to stand over you from here on out. Or w/ a catcher's glove. ;)

:svengo: The *thought* of an exercise ball...oh my gosh...no, I don't think so. If I were to try it, I'd have to be supervised. You know, so someone could pull me up off the ground after I died. :lol:

I'm using one right now to sit on, rather than my puter chair. Amazingly comfy, really.

:iagree: I had it so badly with Sylvia, it's one of the things scaring me off having any more kids!

Rest up, pg ladies! :grouphug:

I just googled, & I think that's absolutely what this is! I thought everybody experienced it, & it was *supposed* to happen in prep for birth. :glare:

Now what to do about it...:001_huh: I feel like a Potato Head whose legs were stuck on the sides instead of underneath where they go. But it was nice to read that one of the recommended accommodations is to simply sit as much as you can. That makes me feel a little better about it, lol. I've been directing chores, etc from my desk chair & feeling rather lazy. But then I stand up, & there's the bone-crushing pain, so...:001_huh:

Yes, it IS ok. You're basting a baby.

YOU ARE BASTING A BABY.

I know, it's not thought much of these days, but YOU ARE BASTING A BABY.

That is some serious stuff. Take care of yourself, take care of the baby. Slow down slower than a snail. Let your body do all the work it needs to do. Just because you don't see what's going on, doesn't mean a miracle isn't about to occur.

Yeah, but then, you know, you hear about all these women who give birth in the fields & just keep on going. I'm complaining about having to walk from here to the bathroom or sweep the floor. :lol:

Speechless. You need someone w/ a big stick to stand over you from here on out. Or w/ a catcher's glove. ;)

:lol:

You know how walking can induce labor? I had this thought that maybe the walking would be good for me and might tip the scales. Alas, my children like to stay in until they are forcibly removed. I swear she's in there saying, "Neener neener!" :)

So for the next 3 weeks I'm voting for the big stick. Knock me out and let me come to right after she's born. :D

I just googled, & I think that's absolutely what this is! I thought everybody experienced it, & it was *supposed* to happen in prep for birth. :glare:

Now what to do about it...:001_huh: I feel like a Potato Head whose legs were stuck on the sides instead of underneath where they go. But it was nice to read that one of the recommended accommodations is to simply sit as much as you can. That makes me feel a little better about it, lol. I've been directing chores, etc from my desk chair & feeling rather lazy. But then I stand up, & there's the bone-crushing pain, so...:001_huh:

Hi Pencil Pusher,

I do not envy your pain right now! I had this with both of my pregnancies and it is not fun. I was on bedrest most of my pregnancies and I think it helped with the SPD. I would suggest taking it as easy as you can, find an experienced chiropractor and maybe buy a pelvic support of some kind.

How are you doing at night? If sleeping in a bed is too uncomfortable a recliner chair may work.

It may take several weeks after you deliver for the pain to go away. If it doesn't make sure to discuss it with your OB or primary care doctor. With my son it went away within a month and everyday it got a little bit better. Unfortunately with my twins the pain only got worse :(. I ended up having Diastasis Symphysis Pubis, a complete separation of my pubic bone. The pain was horrible and they kept telling me it was the SPD and would go away. Finally they did an x-ray that showed the separation and they were much more sympathetic.

I hope you are able to find some relief!

Marisa

Hi Pencil Pusher,

I do not envy your pain right now! I had this with both of my pregnancies and it is not fun. I was on bedrest most of my pregnancies and I think it helped with the SPD. I would suggest taking it as easy as you can, find an experienced chiropractor and maybe buy a pelvic support of some kind.

How are you doing at night? If sleeping in a bed is too uncomfortable a recliner chair may work.

Sleeping is killer. I mostly don't. I don't have a recliner chair, but I can't lay back w/ any wt on my back anyway--I can't breathe like that!

It may take several weeks after you deliver for the pain to go away. If it doesn't make sure to discuss it with your OB or primary care doctor. With my son it went away within a month and everyday it got a little bit better. Unfortunately with my twins the pain only got worse :(. I ended up having Diastasis Symphysis Pubis, a complete separation of my pubic bone. The pain was horrible and they kept telling me it was the SPD and would go away. Finally they did an x-ray that showed the separation and they were much more sympathetic.

I hope you are able to find some relief!

Marisa

I've had this at least since my 3rd...I mean, during pgs...I just didn't know it was a disorder. W/ #3, I remember the pain being so bad I thought maybe I was in labor. Like, forget driving to the mw, call an ambulance labor.

When everything turned out normal, I just figured this was normal for having more than 2 babies.

I've had this at least since my 3rd...I mean, during pgs...I just didn't know it was a disorder. W/ #3, I remember the pain being so bad I thought maybe I was in labor. Like, forget driving to the mw, call an ambulance labor.

When everything turned out normal, I just figured this was normal for having more than 2 babies.

If you didn't have it with your first two maybe those pregnancies loosened the ligaments up and now they are stretching more with each subsequent pregnancy? I know that I am hypermobile so I am not surprised I've had it with each of my pregnancies. Those pregnancies hormones can do some wacky stuff to our bodies :tongue_smilie:!

I hope you can find something that helps you with the pain soon!

Marisa

Edited by Green Vixen