Menu

Some kid funnies and embarrassing mommy moments today

Nakia

My girls gave me a "massage" today. Emma was working on my legs, rubbing lotion in, etc. She said to me in her most serious voice, "Mother, your legs are extremely hairy. I simply cannot work in these conditions." :tongue_smilie:

This evening, Cora was running through the house screaming really loudly. This is an ongoing problem with her that we work on A LOT! I asked her, "Cora, what have I told you about screaming?" And she said, "STOP FREAKIN' SCREAMING, CORA!" Oops.

Please share something here so I don't feel like a total bonehead.

How funny! Love the "working conditions".

Not embarrassing, but I was at Hobby Lobby last night with my four youngest kidlets. They were shopping for plastic army men sets and it was a big decision. We were there for about 45 minutes and every set was carefully examined for price vs. contents. Each kid made their decision except for my 7yods. I finally asked him what he was going to choose and he said, in a very dramatic and loud voice, "Yes, I've begun this journey and now I must finish it". A cashier stocking the shelf behind us was cracking up.

My son is rationing his blueberry intake, because 4 big bowls a day make TUCKS a necessity. He asked his dad to buy more TUCKS, and his dad, being semi-literate, took the container to the store to "match" before purchase (a frequent ritual at our house). When he brought it back, with the new container. My son picked up the "sample" and, feeling how light it was, sped into daddy's room telling him he'd been "ripped off again". (Hubby is gullible). Hubby got defensive.

I finally hiked in and separated this 60 year old and 9 year old and shouted out the situation so everyone would shut up and go back to their corners.

What depths I have sunk to, and what volume I have reached for, all over a tub of TUCKS.

Guest submarines

I paid for my groceries today, turned the heavy cart towards the exit, and sang "Beep, beep, beeeeeeeeeeep, beep-beep," on my way to the car. I caught a few eyes on me, and smiled back. Only when I started unloading my groceries that I realised I didn't have my kids with me. Ooops. Instead of entertining my kids, I was entertaining strangers. :lol: At the very least I could have been singing a real song, and not the 'beep beep beep' variation.

I paid for my groceries today, turned the heavy cart towards the exit, and sang "Beep, beep, beeeeeeeeeeep, beep-beep," on my way to the car. I caught a few eyes on me, and smiled back. Only when I started unloading my groceries that I realised I didn't have my kids with me. Ooops. Instead of entertining my kids, I was entertaining strangers. :lol: At the very least I could have been singing a real song, and not the 'beep beep beep' variation.

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

Hey! I do the "baby sway" even when I don't have a baby in my arms. We could meet somewhere and you could sing while I dance. It would be great!

My son is rationing his blueberry intake, because 4 big bowls a day make TUCKS a necessity. He asked his dad to buy more TUCKS, and his dad, being semi-literate, took the container to the store to "match" before purchase (a frequent ritual at our house). When he brought it back, with the new container. My son picked up the "sample" and, feeling how light it was, sped into daddy's room telling him he'd been "ripped off again". (Hubby is gullible). Hubby got defensive.

I finally hiked in and separated this 60 year old and 9 year old and shouted out the situation so everyone would shut up and go back to their corners.

What depths I have sunk to, and what volume I have reached for, all over a tub of TUCKS.

Awwww, Tucks. :001_smile: I haven't thought of those in years! I used mine in a different but closely related area after childbirth. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

OP, we're having girl #3 and I can see my kids saying things like that! Screaming is problem at our house too. :)

My oldest's nickname is cuco like cuckoo clock. DD2 used to call her caca. :D

After we found out that this baby is also a girl DH had a moment imagining his future. "Oh, man, there will underwear and bras all over the house!" I couldn't resist and told him to imagine us all 4 of us having our periods at the same time. :)

My girls gave me a "massage" today. Emma was working on my legs, rubbing lotion in, etc. She said to me in her most serious voice, "Mother, your legs are extremely hairy. I simply cannot work in these conditions." :tongue_smilie:

This evening, Cora was running through the house screaming really loudly. This is an ongoing problem with her that we work on A LOT! I asked her, "Cora, what have I told you about screaming?" And she said, "STOP FREAKIN' SCREAMING, CORA!" Oops.

Please share something here so I don't feel like a total bonehead.

oh my. are we related? :001_huh: ;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My little girl was talking about when she will get her periods.

Ms 3 - "Well you will have to buy me some pads, Mama."

Me - "Sure, but you won't need them for a long time, not until you're big."

Ms 3 - "And when I'm that big, will you let me use the laminator by myself?"

Clearly she knows what's really important about growing up.

This reminds me of a time when we were coming out of piano lessons, and my mom was saying to us kids, "Get in the back, back, back, back, baaaack.", while holding the door open for the back of the station wagon. The only thing was, she was clucking the word "back" like a chicken. Little did she know we weren't the only ones in the parking lot until she heard the gales of laughter from a couple down the row of cars.