Menu

Keeping good thoughts for flooding in PA/NY

I've been doing laundry by hand... for 8 people... since Irene passed through. Our basement flooded and the washing machine shorted out. It's not worth fixing and we're afraid to buy a new one until the basement dries out and there are no more imminent floods on the horizon. We had more, but minor, flooding this week. Amazingly our dryer survived so once the clothes have drip dried to damp I can throw them in.

We also have developed a lovely infestation of house flies in the basement since the flooding. :glare:

Well, we are water locked and have people staying here since their houses were totaled. We lost our first home in the Flood of 2006 and made sure that we were a bit higher(with this new home), luckily enough we made it through this one almost completely unscathed but cannot really get anywhere.

We still have power and are trying to help out as many as we can but many of the surrounding towns/cities are still shut down.

We have not had any water issues but friends of our have. My husband finally was able to get my daughter to the airport today. She had a flight out yesterday which she was unable to make because of road closures. It took dh three hours to get her to HIA which is normally a 40 minute drive for us and now is having trouble returning home again.

YouTube has a lot of videos and pictures. It's insane.

Dh has barely been home since Irene's winds died down (his company does flood remediation). He MIGHT get to stay home tomorrow while waiting for water to go down, and then start the whole grind again.

For as much as I complain about where I am, I sure am happy to be up high!

It's great to see blue skies and sunshine today! How wonderful to be drying out!

My prayer is that no more hurricanes come up this way. There's just nowhere for the water to go anymore. Our vacation to the shore had to be cancelled but I'm just so thankful to not be cleaning up more water from our downstairs today. Maybe this "staycation" will be relaxing afterall. Maybe we'll be able to get a good nights sleep tonight.

Praying for all of you who are in places that got hit worse than we did.

Things are so not good here in my area. I'm acutally very safe on top of a mountain' date=' but we are just outside of Danville which had a levee breach and our town's middle school is under water now. We are also next door to Bloomsburg, which is truely devestated.

It's all so surreal! I have so many friends who have lost everything.[/quote']

So sad. I graduated from BSC. I remember the fairgrounds flooded easily. My inlaws are in Milton and thankfully have been okay.

My dd is a student at Etown in Lncstr Cnty. She was evacuated because a stream flooded. The house she's renting is two houses away from massive flooding. It's shocking to see the video she sent. Can't tell you how thankful I am that her car and house are okay.

Sad to see how many people lost everything. My prayers and thoughts go out to all who are affected.

Edited by proverbs356lady
spelling correction

So sad. I graduated from BSC. I remember the fairgrounds flooded easily. My inlaws are in Milton and thankfully have been okay.

My dd is a student at Etown in Lncstr Cnty. She was evacuated because a stream flooded. The house she's renting is two houses away from massive flooding. It's shocking to see the video she sent. Can't tell you how thankful I am that her car and house are okay.

Sad to see how many people lost eveything. My prayers and thoughts go out to all who are affected.

Glad to hear she is safe. The Conestoga is way down the day after the flooding. The houses that were underwater the other day, weren't yesterday. Hopefully that means cleanup will be easier for those people.