Menu

Potatoes in the Microwave

Same here. Depends on size of potato. Large idaho potato. (only ones I use) Wash off, poke holes with fork, microwave for 8 minutes. When done take out and what I consider the most important bit --- wrap in foil and let sit for 5 minutes. Will finish baking it the whole way through evenly.

My microwave cookbook has you just putting it on a paper towel. Wash potato, poke holes and cook about 4 min per potato. I noticed that there is an actual potato setting on my microwave which worked really well. The popcorn setting always burns so I was a bit worried. :D

I do the wash, poke 5 min method. But varies on size of tato as well as microwave power.

HOWEVER, wanted to share my ah ha moment. We love potatoes chunks, kielbasa and eggs, but it always takes so long to fry up those cubes of tato. So, I NUKE the whole tato for 3 min while cooking kielbasa, cut up tato and and to to kielbasa. Then at the last few minutes, make a BIG hole in the middle and put 2-3 eggs in the middle... scrabble and then mix with the tato and kielbasa. Clearly, this is missing onion, which could be done earlier, but my son does not like onion and I am not crazy for cutting them up first think in the morning.

However, sprinkle a little cheese on this and you have a breakfast that will last the WHOLE morning!