Menu

Ignore or retaliate?

WWYD?  

1. 1. WWYD?

• Ignore anything he does?
    • Report things?
    • Other?

My neighbor is trying to cause trouble for us. This is the neighbor/homeowner of the house we were going to rent (he is trying to say *I* defaulted on the lease and wants to sue me for $1900). He called children and youth to report "yelling" which doesn't do anything because we already have a caseworker (therapy services for ds).

I don't let things really get to me, and this isn't too much. I could let it go with no problems and do nothing about any of his tactics.

Or I could start reporting things he does. The one that comes to mind is burning. Burning is not allowed in our borough. I'm tempted to report him the next time he's burning his trash. He'll get a fine.

WWYD?

Would you/do you report other people who burn? If so, then report him, and don't think of it as retaliating. If not...well, it hurts your own soul more when you feel this way than it will hurt him to be reported, KWIM?

:iagree:

(However, I would personally report my own family for burning right now since it is bone dry where I live. :tongue_smilie:)

I would keep a detailed log of all the things he says/does towards your family. How do you know it was him that reported you to CPS? They are not supposed to reveal who did. Yes the timing indicates it was him but there is no way to know 100% it was him. I would not retaliate, that just ups the ante and he will push back harder. Instead document, document, document. If he says anything threatening, call the police. If he keeps pushing the issue with the lease, tell him to speak to your lawyer. There was no lease signed and the home was not ready. Did you take photos like others here suggested to cover your behind?

I would keep a detailed log of all the things he says/does towards your family. How do you know it was him that reported you to CPS? They are not supposed to reveal who did. Yes the timing indicates it was him but there is no way to know 100% it was him. I would not retaliate, that just ups the ante and he will push back harder. Instead document, document, document. If he says anything threatening, call the police. If he keeps pushing the issue with the lease, tell him to speak to your lawyer. There was no lease signed and the home was not ready. Did you take photos like others here suggested to cover your behind?

She didn't tell me who is was, but the report was screaming in the house. Anyone else would have come over and told us to shut up! LOL.

I took a few pictures to show the house wasn't ready. I did sign a lease, but it was never signed by my father who was named as the guarentor.