Menu

What can I do with mint?

To say I have a brown thumb is an understatement. It's more of a black thumb. I call my line of plants "death row.":tongue_smilie: But I really wanted to try to keep something alive, so last year I got some mint plants because I understood they are hard to kill. They're still alive! But my dh insists that I actually do something with it. I tried putting it in our iced tea, but it didn't add much taste :confused: What else can I do with it? I don't cook anything that uses mint.

A friend made mint pork chops years ago, & it was so good that I've added mint to everything I cook ever since, in the hopes of duplicating the recipe. Which is funny because I never buy pork of any kind at all.

I've googled & can't find anything like what she made. :glare: Unfortunately, we both moved away.

Mint tastes good with fruit, like peaches or the melon someone else suggested. We like this mango slaw (although we skip the cabbage and serve it over lettuce instead): http://smittenkitchen.com/2010/07/mango-slaw-with-cashews-and-mint/

Also, lettuce wraps (you could substitute ground chicken for the pork, and I usually add rice noodles to make them more substantial and make this the whole meal): http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Thai-Ground-Pork-Salad-with-Mint-and-Cilantro-101785

I usually get rid of overabundant things by using the recipe search on Epicurious.com.