Menu

Ladies, an intimate question...

regarding maternity underwear.

Preferences? I bought a pkg at Target yrs ago, but mostly have just used a size larger. Works fine, cuter, etc. Those one size granny versions...well...they're expensive & kinda ugly.

But. This baby is carrying so low that everything is SO uncomfortable. I'm breaking down & buying more ugly ones because I just. can't. take. it.

Suggestions? I'm interested primarily in comfort, then price, & if there's room after that, I'd prefer something fun. I'm talking dots & stripes, not racy. ;)

Old Navy had some bikini maternity undies when I was pregnant with my son. They have a little more curve cut out of the top to allow for your belly, and they are cute. You may can check there. You should be able to find something other than the kind that comes up to you neck!:lol: I did wear those with my first two.....before I knew better!:lol::lol:

I just LOVED the ones that came up over my belly during the last month or 2. So comfortable...I was NOT concerned about style at that point! I think I got mine at Motherhood Maternity (our local Boscovs sells Motherhood Maternity wear, too!). Just plain, stretchy cotton briefs with the front covering your belly. Very comfy. Came in a 6 pack I believe. Highly recommended...(I even like wearing them for the first few weeks post-pardum until my belly shrinks!).

You have to also consider the design of your maternity pants. All of mine were the under the belly kind with my last baby, so only bikinis would do. Even if I wasn't a "s*x kitten" :lol: during my 3rd trimester, I still would not have wanted panties that went up higher than my pants!:lol: But you shouldn't listen to me.....I'm the kind that will sacrifice comfort somewhat in favor of looking good!:001_smile:

I just LOVED the ones that came up over my belly during the last month or 2. So comfortable...I was NOT concerned about style at that point! I think I got mine at Motherhood Maternity (our local Boscovs sells Motherhood Maternity wear, too!). Just plain, stretchy cotton briefs with the front covering your belly. Very comfy. Came in a 6 pack I believe. Highly recommended...(I even like wearing them for the first few weeks post-pardum until my belly shrinks!).

Ditto!

I use the ones from Motherhood Maternity. I find the briefs are the most comfortable. I tried the bikinis -- didn't cover jack squat up front, IYKWIM, and the boy shorts were cute, but I had major wedgies all day. The last thing I want to be doing with any kind of intimate apparel is hitching at it all day!

I never wear maternity underwear. I just wear my regular bikini (or string bikini?) jockeys. TMI: I do find I need to add a panty liner here at the end. I found some really nice cloth ones online (cotton velour - soft) that snap under the crotch to stay in place. I love them so much more than the sposie kind.

You have to also consider the design of your maternity pants. All of mine were the under the belly kind with my last baby, so only bikinis would do. Even if I wasn't a "s*x kitten" :lol: during my 3rd trimester, I still would not have wanted panties that went up higher than my pants!:lol: But you shouldn't listen to me.....I'm the kind that will sacrifice comfort somewhat in favor of looking good!:001_smile:

I usually love the under the belly pants, but something about that area this time is really sensitive. And having underwear AND pants that come to that spot is making me cranky. Yeah, that's it. It's the clothes. :D

Anyway, I'm at the point that if granny panties is what it takes....<sigh>...so much for my dignity!

And Quiver, I know exactly what you mean. It's been a trip to the store or *ahem* that. For now, though, I've opted to go shopping. :001_huh: I'm not really the commando type. Or the thong type. Maybe my inner-granny is calling? :glare: