Menu

Look at this! Tsunami survival capsule

I would imagine the tethered option would be far more popular than the option with the potential for being sucked out to sea :001_huh:

Yes, as I was reading I was picturing myself floating for days in the ocean waiting for someone to find and rescue my family. The tethered option sounds a lot better.

So...would you like to be tethered to the concrete block or free floating? One could end up in the middle of the ocean...a bit freaky...and I love the ocean! :D

Any other opinions on this most interesting invention??? :lol: :bigear:

I think it is amazing. So many lives could actually be saved from this. i am sure the thing has some kinks to work out but the idea is great. So many have lost their lives, to think this could save some is just wonderful. I kind of think it should be something that is there for all though, kind of like lifeboats on a ship. I don't think it should be just for those who could afford it because it would lead to alot of violence in my opinion.

I think it's an interesting idea, but I would *not* want to be tethered! I'm concerned enough about the ball getting slammed by free-floating objects and being tethered makes it seem like we'd just get repeatedly pounded OR wedged underwater along with other debris!

I like the idea of the ball being able to be propelled and steered or at least used with oars! LOL

I think anything that will save lives is an awesome idea but I'm not sure I'd want the one with a toilet. Knowing DD, she'd have to pee in it for the novelty and I'd be worried about being sucked out to sea with her pee rolling around my feet. :D

I can just see screaming about it as a mom, "Can't you guys hold it in for 30 flipping minutes?!?!"

This solves my tsunami fear but not my earthquakes fear of the earth opening up underneath me.

I think it's an interesting idea, but I would *not* want to be tethered! I'm concerned enough about the ball getting slammed by free-floating objects and being tethered makes it seem like we'd just get repeatedly pounded OR wedged underwater along with other debris!

I like the idea of the ball being able to be propelled and steered or at least used with oars! LOL

Same here. I'd be terrified if a tsunami came in and the ball is being tossed about while tethered to a concrete block. On the other hand, one could find themselves in the middle of the ocean or at least pretty far out when it's all over - or on top of a building if the waves are really huge.