• Winning With Writing
  • Song School Latin
  • Geography workbooks
  • Math Mammoth

Also very easy to teach

• SOTW
  • REAL Science Odyssey
  • Singapore Math

Also AAS! BFSU is nearly open-and-go for me. Some lessons need zero prep, some need one or two materials, and one needed maybe 10 min prep.

Unless you decide to laminate all the AAS cards! :tongue_smilie: I thought they would hold up better if they were laminated since I am using them for both of my girls. I started to regret that decision after cutting out the first 20 cards. Now they are all laminated, filed and sitting on my desk ready to use, but my wrist is sore from all the cutting!

ETA: Meet the Masters is fairly open and go once you print the teacher and student manuals.

Edited by MadsandLilysMom

BFSU is nearly open-and-go for me. Some lessons need zero prep, some need one or two materials, and one needed maybe 10 min prep.

Ok, I think you are crazy on this one (and I say that affectionately :D)!

There is no way I could teach BFSU without hours of planning and prep.

We are just finishing 2nd, and our best open-and-gos have been Sonlight, All About Spelling, Rod and Staff 2.

We are starting our second round of K now that DD #2 is 5, and really, really love AAR Pre-1, but it depends on how old/where your K'er is at.

If a Christian curriculum works for you, check out MFW K. We LOVED it here, it's a complete curriculum and inexpensive. My idea of "open and go" is all-in-one. MFW K is that. The TM can be a little strange at first, but it's not bad - if I can figure it out, anyone can. :D For your second grader, if you wanted to go with MFW, you could do either Adventures, which is a year of American history, or start with Exploring Countries and Cultures, which is geography. I haven't used those programs, but your K'er could come right along with most of it and would really just use the math & LA parts of K. The K curriculum is really fun, though, and the science/character portion is easy.

I'd also take a look at Heart of Dakota. You might be able to combine your K & 2nd grader in the same manual. That would be great. I haven't used it yet, but have been VERY impressed with what I've seen.

My oldest is definitely an open-and-go girl. She likes things she can do on her own. Our favorites are...

Math Mammoth

New American Cursive

Growing With Grammar

For my younger daughter, currently K/1, MUS is also pretty open and go. She likes to watch the videos with me, rather than me having to watch them in advance and then teach her. That makes it easier, so I don't complain. Even with the videos to help me, I think that Steve gets the topic across better than I could. :D

Also, we use McRuffy Phonics and Reading with her. Other than the days where there are games and/or sliders to prepare, it's pretty open and go, too. But I will usually work on getting the sliders started while she's doing the workbook pages, so there's not a lot of night-before prep that I have to go through.

Good luck deciding what to use!

ETA: Oh, and Sequential Spelling!

K Math: Singapore Essentials B

K Writing: WWE 1,or just copywork if they're not ready for WWE, or Handwriting without tears if they're not ready for copywork.

K Phonics: Phonics Road 1 (its open and go after you watch the CDs)

K Reading: OPGTR, McGuffey readers

2nd Grade Math: Math Mammoth

Writing: WWE

Phonics/grammar/lit: Phonics Road

Reading: any booklist you like. We use Ambleside Year 2