Menu

Could use some input on my house listing features.

:)I'm going to try and sell our house By Owner, and this is a very rough draft of features that I'm going to put on the info sheets. Was just wanting some input and suggestions for any changes that may need to be made with wording etc... Don't quite have it all in the right order. Thanks for any input!

House Features:

*4 Bedroom finished walkout ranch in cul-de-sac on almost 1/2 acre lot

*3 Full baths

*Huge front porch

*3 Car garage

*Open floor plan

*Formal dining room

*Gas fireplace

*Large kitchen with breakfast bar

*Brand new stainless steel appliances (dishwasher, stove, microwave)

*Large kitchen pantry

*Large broom / supply closet in kitchen.

*Enclosed deck off kitchen

*Large master bedroom with tray ceiling

*Large master bathroom with walk in closet, double vanity, jacuzzi tub

*1st floor laundry / mud room

*Open & bright finished walkout basement with patio

*Large living area and rec area in finished walkout basement

*Bonus room that could be home office / extra bedroom

*Surround sound in lower level living area

*2" white wood blinds throughout

*Gas furnace & hot water heater

*Large backyard

*City water & sewer

*Walking distance to award winning North Oldham elem, middle, & high schools

Built in 2003

Edited by 1GirlTwinBoys

Very open floor plan or open floor plan

Formal dining room

I would nix the 10' ceilings in foyer.

I would say upper level living area only if that means upstairs and not on main living level.

Large kitchen with island

Large kitchen pantry

Nix double counter height vanity

Most of the other statements are fine.

The four statements about the basement need to be revised.

Things like the tray ceiling in dining room will be evident in photo, as well as the 10' ceiling in foyer.

Sometimes putting too much information in a listing doesn't give the potential buyers anything else to know and they may not want to even see the house.

When we were looking we always wanted to know where the bedrooms were. So I would want to know if it was "two up and two down" or "three up and one down".

Actual measurements are a good idea, like the PP said.

Your house sounds beautiful!!

I didn't know "very" is an annoying word.:confused: Is that just you or do most people really think that?:)

I think it's vague and subjective. I wouldn't use it. Do you ever watch house listing shows in your area? When we our house FSBO I watched and listened as to how the houses were described. Some of it sounded hokey, but I found some better adjectives.

I would be specific on bedroom sizes. On our information sheet I listed all room sizes. Of course the market was different back then, but I didn't to schedule showings and then have the people remark the bedrooms were too small.

We also did a couple of open houses which were helpful. Just like homeschooling :tongue_smilie: you want to appeal to all learning styles. Some people, they want pictures. Some people want just the facts, this is the reason to eliminate the word very.

Best of luck!

We won't buy for another year, but I'm always looking.

I'm really interested in:

square footage

acreage size

year house built

any remodels

corner lot or on a cul-de-sac or. . .?

trees or property (for me this adds to a property unless they're too close to the plumbing)

age of roof

Some marketing ideas: create your own blog or website like http://www.OurDarlingHouse.com or whatever.

Put your info. on Zillow, Craig's List, Trulia, UTube, Facebook, City Data, City Tour Video.com, Yelp etc.

I'm not a "Tweeter" but there must be a way to tweet your info. and gain notice.

Do something special to your house that will help people remember it like paint the front door red w/ beautiful black trim or something like it so people can say, "remember that house w/ the red door? I liked the bathroom.")

Put flyers out around your neighborhood. Neighbors might have friends who are interested in living in their area.

Alley