Menu

New Englanders: Tornado Watch!

Yep. Been watching the weather closely. This is the second time this year, but this is a big one.

NH and VT are getting hit pretty bad.

This is not usual weather for us at all. Glad I have a basement. I could never survive in tornado alley.

Yeah - I just got back in from taking all the stuff in from the yard (trash cans, lawn chairs, etc.) that could fly away, because our yard can become a wind tunnel even in just high winds... better safe than sorry.

They've just upgraded the watch to a warning out in Springfield, but it's still just a watch here.

Yikes!! I'm watching the weather, and they just say "tornado confirmed by /mytown/ police" - I'm like *what*??? :eek: - because they were focusing on Springfield (about 1.5 hrs west of me) - and I'm just sitting here on my computer half-watching the TV. They even repeated it again, with my town's name, before they corrected themselves and gave a similarly-named town outside Springfield. :svengo:

Hope everyone there's okay!!!

I hear some thunder rumbling and the sky is dark, but so far, that's it. I filled up our water bottles and have flashlights ready in case the power goes out & we need to head to the basement.

I heard that it touched down in Jefferson, NH & in Westfield, MA, but I guess unless there is video evidence, it takes several days to confirm that it's a tornado and not just severe winds. IDK. I know what to expect with a blizzard, but this is all new.

Edited by jujsky

Masslive.com has pics and reports.

I live/d in Springfield. My entire family was out of town during storm. We came home to a war zone. Not only is every home on our street damaged, bbut our home was lifted off the foundation and moved. We have a total loss and are in complete shock!

Yolanda

:grouphug::grouphug:

Masslive.com has pics and reports.

I live/d in Springfield. My entire family was out of town during storm. We came home to a war zone. Not only is every home on our street damaged, bbut our home was lifted off the foundation and moved. We have a total loss and are in complete shock!

Yolanda