Menu

If you work, how much do you make per month?

How much do YOU make per month?  

1. 1. How much do YOU make per month?

• Less than $250 per month
    • $251-$500 per month
    • $501-$1,000 per month
    • $1,001-$1,500 per month
    • $1,501-$2,000 per month
    • $2,001-$3,000 per month
    • $3,001-$4,000 per month
    • $4,001+ per month

I know this is NONE of anyone's business, but since we share a lot of personal stuff here, I figured I would ask :blushing:

I just started working from home and I'm just curious what other moms are making. If you want to share, feel free to share if this is necessary to your family's ability to make it, if it's just for extras, if you're happy with what you're making, etc.

I make about $325. I only work 10 hrs. per week, which is plenty with everything else I do. It helps our family just a bit with gas for the vans, extra money for some groceries until dh's payday or little things like haircuts, co-pays, socks or underwear if we need them, etc. LOL It's nice because my paychecks fall on the opposite weeks as dh's pay, so we get something every week of the month. I'd give it up in a heartbeat if dh got a better job, though.

I am assuming you mean after taxes?

I work 20 hours per week [Fri/Sat/Mon]. I work 3rd shift so I earn shift differential for working 3rds plus an additional differential for working weekends. Monthly I average after taxes between $1,000-$1,200 a month.

If I had it my way I wouldn't work at all. I think I will be able to stop working end of 2013 if all goes well.

ETA: I forgot to answer your last question. Right now I have to work. We use to be a 2 fulltime income family and have the bills to prove it. ONCE we get rid of that junk we can go to one income with no problems. My income pays for groceries, gymnastics, swimming, music and now homeschool curriculum.

Edited by my3luvbugs990105

About $1200/month, but that varies, since each of my jobs is on a contract cycle and there are lags between contracts-I typically work about 20 hours a week. It's extra, but nice to have-it lets DD have that extra dance class or do that fun summer camp and lets us have a little more flexibility.

Most of my work is done as an independent contractor, so some months I'm working but don't get paid :D.

I'm happy with it. We couldn't do extras otherwise, and I'll probably ramp it up more when the college bills start coming in.

Edited by GVA

Guest momk2000

I work from home part-time and set my own hours. Most months I earn around or just above $250, but depending on how much time I put in, I may occasionally earn more.

I work three 12-shifts per week as a nurse primarily on weekends to supervise school during the week. My husband was out of work for about three years and so I went back to work. I hope to decrease my hours in the future with my husband back to work, but it is hard to trust the economy.

I make about $325. I only work 10 hrs. per week, which is plenty with everything else I do. It helps our family just a bit with gas for the vans, extra money for some groceries until dh's payday or little things like haircuts, co-pays, socks or underwear if we need them, etc. LOL It's nice because my paychecks fall on the opposite weeks as dh's pay, so we get something every week of the month...

That's me, too. But I work also because I enjoy it.