Menu

Boston- if you only had 2 days to sightsee, what would be top choices? ages 7 -17

Freedom Trail with Durgin Park (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durgin-Park) for lunch. Fish and chips, chowders, boiled dinner ... You may get treated to a "typical" Boston waitress. After lunch, be sure and take time to just wander around Quincy Market.

And, if you are not near a great acquarium, we love the New England Acquarium.

Also, if you like Italian, spend some time in the North End. http://www.northendboston.com/

Have a great time!

We did part of the Freedom Trail....Old North Church and Paul Revere's House. I had ages 6 and 7. We did Boston Common and Public Gardens. Saw the swan boats and ducklings. We did Museum of Science, and wound up playing for awhile in a wonderful playground in Cambridge. I wish we had had time to do the USS Constitution and the Children's Museum. We drove by several other Freedom Trail sites, but I was also nursing a sprained ankle.

I live in southern NH, just a 'hop, skip, and jump' from Boston and I have yet to do *all* these wonderful sounding things. I have got to find time to walk the Freedom Trail. . . check out Bova's. . .spend some time in the North End. . .sigh :sad:

I was going to try and boil it down to this. I espeically think DP is fun for teens.

You've also kept it geographically compact.

Nice. :)

My own kids are all about food...and they love Chinatown, which could also be combined with the aquarium without a problem. I'd say Science Museum, but it's more of a hike out.

Along with Bova's, I love Super 88 in Chinatown or C Market.

Freedom Trail with Durgin Park (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durgin-Park) for lunch. Fish and chips, chowders, boiled dinner ... You may get treated to a "typical" Boston waitress. After lunch, be sure and take time to just wander around Quincy Market.

And, if you are not near a great acquarium, we love the New England Acquarium.

Also, if you like Italian, spend some time in the North End. http://www.northendboston.com/

Have a great time!

Edited by LibraryLover

Yes, definitely do a duck tour if you can swing it! Great time!!

And you have to do at least part of the Freedom Trail. There have been good suggestions on food, just eat somewhere local. Sooo many good places, too many to list.

Save some time to just walk around and enjoy the city, it is very walkable and you can happen upon some interesting things. Do you know where you are staying?

And you have to do at least part of the Freedom Trail. There have been good suggestions on food, just eat somewhere local. Sooo many good places, too many to list.

QUOTE]

I agree. If one wants time to do other activities, I might consider limiting the freedom trail to the downtown area.

From there, you are close to the North End, Dugin Park, NEA, North End, Chinatown etc.

For the 7 year old, the Children's Museum (same general area as above) is worth a trip. My artist teen dd has a soft spot in her heart for the place and will go just to rummage around in the Recycle Shop. It's quite an interesting little area, and she always comes away with various collage materials.

Edited by LibraryLover

*Duck Tour,

if you like to sail, I think you can get a day's pass at the sailing club on the Charles River (?can't recall the name)

*Harvard Yard

*Top of the Prudential or Hancock skyscrapers. Hancock is touristy, Prudential has a restaurant/bar.

*You might be able to get a tour of Fenway park-- there is also a special tour where you can go under the Green Monster-- not sure how you arrange that!

*Boat tour of Boston Harbor, take a picnic to one of the islands (?charles island)

have fun!