Menu

What's the best way to look at the RR catalog?

I've got the print version, but it's over a year old & packed. I could try to find it or order a new one (how long would that take?)

I could look at it online. Daunting, but so is the print version.

What do you all think?

What's the best way to look at the RR catalog?

In bed, over the course of several weeks or months. (But not when you're too tired; getting slapped in the face with the RR catalog if you nod off would not be fun!)

Regards,

Kareni

I read the print version. I mark it up big-time. Cross things out, turn down page corners, make big circles and arrows. I usually do it a subject at a time. You'll find that once you zero in on each topic, and on the appropriate age group(s), it's not nearly as intimidating as it at first seems.

Cover to cover...every year.

It's like a pioneer looking at the SR catty...

Seriously, the online version is really difficult to browse, I think because the search terms are narrow or somehow not the way I catagorize things. I'd wait for the print version unless you know specifically what you want.

(What do you want, btw? There are lots of lists of "recommended" curricula on the curriculum board. You could just look them up one by one if you have somewhat of an idea.)

Cover to cover...every year.

It's like a pioneer looking at the SR catty...

Seriously, the online version is really difficult to browse, I think because the search terms are narrow or somehow not the way I catagorize things. I'd wait for the print version unless you know specifically what you want.

(What do you want, btw? There are lots of lists of "recommended" curricula on the curriculum board. You could just look them up one by one if you have somewhat of an idea.)

I've been looking things up one by one & making a list, & really, that mostly works fine. It's just that RR's shipping is so high, I'd hate to realize I left something out later. And I keep discovering cool things here & finding that they sell them there, cheaper than Amazon or *instead* of Amazon. :lol:

Really, though, my list is long enough now, I should probably stop looking. Harmony of Art/Artistic Pursuits was (I think) the last thing to look at, & I did that last night.

I've been looking things up one by one & making a list, & really, that mostly works fine. It's just that RR's shipping is so high, I'd hate to realize I left something out later. And I keep discovering cool things here & finding that they sell them there, cheaper than Amazon or *instead* of Amazon. :lol:

Really, though, my list is long enough now, I should probably stop looking. Harmony of Art/Artistic Pursuits was (I think) the last thing to look at, & I did that last night.

But if you buy $150 of stuff, shipping is free. Among my homeschool acqauintances, if one of us is placing an order with RR, we ask around to see if anyone else needs something, just we can save on shipping.

I read the print version. I mark it up big-time. Cross things out, turn down page corners, make big circles and arrows. I usually do it a subject at a time. You'll find that once you zero in on each topic, and on the appropriate age group(s), it's not nearly as intimidating as it at first seems.

Exactly!

and you can take notes on the order page at the back -- better than a separate piece of paper that could get lost.

To be honest I toss my RR catalog. If I am looking to change something up for one of my kids I go online and look at a lot of reviews. Then I go to the RR site or amazon and put it on my wishlist. When I'm ready to order I order it. I have been homeschooling a long time, and I do remember sitting around with catalogs, but that RR catalog is just too much. Set yourself free, don't look at it. :)

But if you buy $150 of stuff, shipping is free. Among my homeschool acqauintances, if one of us is placing an order with RR, we ask around to see if anyone else needs something, just we can save on shipping.

That's what I mean: once I'm over $150, I should really quit looking. But I hate to find some little $5 thing that I NEED later. :lol:

That's what I mean: once I'm over $150, I should really quit looking. But I hate to find some little $5 thing that I NEED later. :lol:

That irritates me no end to discover one little thing I forgot to order. But my specialty is ordering things I already have. Need a MegaWords 8 teachers manual?