Menu

Homeschool Buyers Co-op Mother's Day gift!

Aloha2U

Have you seen the FREE gift from HBC (500 FREE SmartPoints) for Mother's Day?

I'm considering using my points (and then some) to get the three Math Mammoth Blue worktext downloads that they are offering in the SmartPoints Vendor Hall (offers expire midnight on Mother's Day):

Clock

Multiplication 2

Percent

Anyone else going to take advantage of this?

ETA: If you haven't joined HBC yet, you can click on this link and we'll both get 100 FREE SmartPoints!

Edited by NCAmusings

I'm thinking about getting one issue of The Arrow and one Math Mammoth worktext.

I think this is a good deal. I don't think I'll ever have enough SmartPoints to get one of their regular group buys for free, and these are things I will likely use.

Yeah, so this was SO a gift for me!!!!

Planning on having DS12 do another year of Algebra for 8th grade. He did well with Videotext, but just want to really cement it before higher maths, and thought using a different curriculum will really get it solid for him. Going to use LOF but was thinking about finding another supplement.

Big neighborhood garage sale today...DS12 and I went around...picked up a Saxon Algebra 1 book...no idea why they had it there, as they did not have any other curriculum....got it for 50 cents!!!

So then got home, checked emails, saw the HS Co-op email, got my 500 points, and then saw I can get BOTH Math Mammoth (which I was just eyeballing this past week!) AND a subscription to a math site (can't remember now what it was called), but they have Algebra videos and answer/questions for THIS Saxon book I got.

Wow....what a day :D!

I just joined, but I don't understand what the Homeschool Buyers Co-op is? Can someone explain? Do you have to buy in groups to receive discounts? Do you buy with money or these smart point things? Just starting my cup of coffee here, and not up to reading all the info. right now if someone wants to simplify it. :)

ETA: Thanks, Melissa - I'm getting something for Mother's Day! :)

I just joined, but I don't understand what the Homeschool Buyers Co-op is? Can someone explain? Do you have to buy in groups to receive discounts? Do you buy with money or these smart point things? Just starting my cup of coffee here, and not up to reading all the info. right now if someone wants to simplify it.

It's an organization that arranges group buys for homeschool products so that members can purchase at reduced rates. Typically, purchase prices are scaled based on the number of people who commit to buy. So for example, if 20 people purchase the discount might be 25%, 35% for 30 people, and then 45% for 50+ people. Usually members commit to purchase something if the price reaches a certain level and then, when the end of the buying period is up, people complete their purchases at that rate.

I couldn't decide if I wanted to get the Astrology unit study or an issue of Arrow and didn't have enough points for both, so I reviewed a couple of field trips to up my point level and now I don't have to decide! Yay!! Good stuff! :D

Edited by MelanieM

Ok, I bought the Astronomy guide, but I don't have a link to download it yet? It said to look in my account, but I don't see it. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Nevermind, found it, lol

Where did you end up finding it? I got the Math Mammoth worksheets but haven't been able to find them.