Menu

ISO: Great, inexpensive restaurant in Asheville, NC

Papa's and Beer is awesome if you like Mexican. Barley's if you like pizza. Both have great beer, or so I'm told. I don't drink beer. You should try the French Broad Chocolate Lounge for dessert. It is heavenly!!!

I know that can vary by person. We loved Bouchon, which is a French place. I thought they were reasonably priced.

You can also try The Early Girl, or Tupelo Honey Cafe. They are both known for their breakfasts, but they serve that all day, as well as other dishes that looked good.

Have a good weekend there! My dh and I went in February, and we are taking the whole family again to see the gardens at the Biltmore in just 2 weeks. Asheville is a great town.

Corner Kitchen is right in Biltmore Village, so you would be very close to the house. Be aware that if you go to Tupelo Honey (probably Early Girl, as well) on a Saturday you will likely have a very, very long wait. Barley's, Doc Chey's, City Bakery, Laughing Seed, Early Girl, Tupelo are all fairly close to one another (the latter 3 are in very close proximity). Tomato Jam Cafe is not far from the house and yummy, but I am not sure of their hours. Laurey's Catering also has sandwiches etc. and gets good reviews. You could get sandwiches to go and have a picnic at the house. And like a PP said, it depends on what you consider inexpensive. All of the above may fall in the expensive category, but will be cheaper than eating at the estate.

Have fun!

I agree with Nakia. Papas and Beer is awesome, but I wouldn't go tonight unless I could go really early. It's a very popular Mexican restaurant and the wait is usually brutal, but will be even more so on Cinco de Mayo.

If you tell me what part of town you would like to eat in, I can give you a few ideas.

Thanks! We will be visiting the Biltmore Estates on Friday but will be arriving in Asheville tomorrow evening.

Any recommendations?

Doc Chey's is a family favorite - Asian fusion food. Bier Garden - excellent burgers and sweet potatoe fries. Not so cheap, but excellent French/Belgian food is Bouchon.

We were in Asheville last weekend and had a great time. If you have time after you eat, you might enjoy walking around downtown. Most stores are open until 9:00 pm, and there is a community "gathering" at one of the parks every Friday night. They have street performers and a drum circle. My sons loved it!

If you want really cheap, just have to throw out there that the McDonalds across from the entrance to the estate has white linen table clothes and is really nice for a McDonalds!

And for our family, the splurge of eating at the buffet on the estate was really worth it.

If you want really cheap, just have to throw out there that the McDonalds across from the entrance to the estate has white linen table clothes and is really nice for a McDonalds!

And for our family, the splurge of eating at the buffet on the estate was really worth it.

The Travel Channel calls it "The World's Classiest McDonalds." You can see it in

. (It starts at 7:27 and continues on into the next clip.)

The Hardee's/Red Burrito in Biltmore Villiage isn't too shabby either.

Edited by Oak Knoll Mom

We ate there on one of our trips. My kids just had to go in because they saw the baby grand in the window. We were in a huge hurry, or I would have walked in so they could see it, and then walked out.

Yes, it is vague. We are spending nine days in the Smokies, so things are going to get pricey. The cabin alone is about $1,300, so we're trying not to break the bank :)

I know that can vary by person. We loved Bouchon, which is a French place. I thought they were reasonably priced.

You can also try The Early Girl, or Tupelo Honey Cafe. They are both known for their breakfasts, but they serve that all day, as well as other dishes that looked good.

Have a good weekend there! My dh and I went in February, and we are taking the whole family again to see the gardens at the Biltmore in just 2 weeks. Asheville is a great town.