Menu

Ok ladies, How exactly do you get nice, shapely, well-manicured eyebrows?

Not that I have nicely shaped eyebrows (disclaimer) but here's what I try to do:

I get them done at a salon first and then try to maintain them myself. When it gets out of hand :001_huh:, I go back to the salon/beautician and get it done. Threading is the BEST (IMHO). http://www.azmeena.com/

I tend to overpluck! But if you can't go to the salon/beautician, there's a great product that I LOVE and use daily (you can buy the templates as well) http://www.beauty.com/bal/templates/brand/default.asp?brand=31209&aid=336064&aparam=anastacia%20eyebrow&scinit1=anastacia%20eyebrow

When you buy the brow powder, try buying a shade lighter than your eyebrow color so it does not look dark, IMHO. ;)

That's the only thing I have to do before we leave the house. I'm known to say "Wait, I have to put my eyebrows on!" :tongue_smilie:

HTH.

I have mine waxed about every 6-8weeks it's about $10-$20 depending where you go. I do my best to pluck strays in between visits. I tend to have thicker eyebrows than I like so for me it's money well spent. I wish I had discovered this years ago.

If I pluck all the scragglies, I will be left with the inside half of each brow looking full and fairly normal but the ousde half would be just a tiny little line. Any way to get a more uniform shape? A template or something?

Here's how I was taught to shape my eyebrows. It works perfectly, too, and I don't end up with brows that are too far apart, or too high up. LOL!

Do one eye at a time. Take a makeup pencil (eyeliner, lipliner - whatever works, just make sure you can see it clearly). Lay your pencil along the side of your nose with the point up by your eyebrows, level with where your natural brow lies (so don't put the pencil tip above your eyebrow, or below it), then, keeping the pencil at your nose (pivoting at that crease beside the nostril), align the bottom with the outer corner of your mouth. (So the pencil should lay diagonally across your face.) Mark that spot.

Now, pivot the pencil at the base of your nose so that it points to the outside end of your eyebrow, with the pencil aligned to the outer corner of that eye. Mark there.

You now have the inner and outer end points of your natural brow. Because it's based on your own dimensions, it's going to "fit" your face perfectly.

Now, this part can be a little tricky (but still, imh and cowardly opinion, easier than having someone get within 50 feet of me with wax), lay the pencil straight up and down against your cheek, aligning it with the pupil of that eye and the outer corner of your mouth. That's your high point in your arch.

Always pluck from the bottom (closer to the lids), up - if you try to come down from where you think your brows should end, you'll end up with a thin, pencil moustache looking brow. I don't know why, but it's true.

HTH,

Dy

It has been my desire to possess the brows of Ingrid Bergman's daughter Isabella Rossellini (sp). Beautifully arched and perfectly shaped.

However, I just cannot seem to get the left brow right! GRRR. My right brow looks just right. It must have something to with the fact that I'm left handed.

Believe it or not, I have researched the topic of brow grooming (LOL). One method I thought was helpful, was to draw the desired brow shape (or color it in) on your brows w/ a dark pencil, and then pluck around it until all that's left is the originally drawn shape.

Another thing, the brow waxing kits you buy in the store (Sally Hansen, for example) have self-warming strips (you warm them between your hands to activate the wax). There are also brow shaped templates that you can literally tape onto your brows so the wax can be applied around them. This is good if you have a lot of hair to pluck, yet I found it better to use the tweezers around the template since my brows aren't that heavy.

Good luck!

Blessings,

Camy (who has always coveted the high-arched brows of Vogue models, but has done a poor job of imitating them :o)

I'm a plucker, not a waxer. :D Dy's instructions are great. Just don't overpluck. I think it's much better to just dispatch a few strays here and there than to change the entire brow shape in one mad plucking session. It's so easy to overdo it. See?

28894-chola5.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Filling in any bare spots with pencil or powder is a great idea, too. Just go lightly and brush your brows into place afterward to blend the coloring. Have fun!

I'm a plucker, not a waxer. :D Dy's instructions are great. Just don't overpluck. I think it's much better to just dispatch a few strays here and there than to change the entire brow shape in one mad plucking session. It's so easy to overdo it. See?

28894-chola5.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Filling in any bare spots with pencil or powder is a great idea, too. Just go lightly and brush your brows into place afterward to blend the coloring. Have fun!

OK, I just about sprayed my laptop with tea! :lol:

I was just reading about eyebrow stencils yesterday. The product I saw mentioned was by sennacosmetics.com (but some of their links for more info didn't work).

I did a google search & this is Senna's product & there is a video link (right under the photo) you can click that has a 2 minute demo.

What I was reading suggested using the stencil kit to color in your brows the way you want, then pluck anything outside that area.

I was just reading about eyebrow stencils yesterday. The product I saw mentioned was by sennacosmetics.com (but some of their links for more info didn't work).

I did a google search & this is Senna's product & there is a video link (right under the photo) you can click that has a 2 minute demo.

What I was reading suggested using the stencil kit to color in your brows the way you want, then pluck anything outside that area.

Wow! That really did make a difference. I wonder if I can find something like that at Walmart for cheaper.