Menu

Does anyone else just love their 13 year old boy?

It is so amazing, this transformation from 12 to 13. They can be such awesome young men. I'm just sitting here admiring my good-hearted boy as he mows the grass. He doesn't complain about chores anymore just happily does his part. :001_smile:

My 13 yr old son is such a wonderful young man. :001_wub: He has been doing all the yard work, and will just do whatever odd job I need done very willingly. Plus, he has gotten very responsible about getting his school done. Sometimes, I have to stop myself from expecting "the other shoe to drop" if you know what I mean. :)

My 13 yr old son is such a wonderful young man. :001_wub: He has been doing all the yard work' date=' and will just do whatever odd job I need done very willingly. Plus, he has gotten very responsible about getting his school done. Sometimes, I have to stop myself from expecting "the other shoe to drop" if you know what I mean. :)[/quote']

I know! It is so wonderful. I know you and your dh had a hand in it, too. It just fills up your heart doesn't it?

I'm still a little over a year away from that. My oldest will be 12 in about 24 days, but I'm already amazed at how he's starting to change and really take charge of things in his life. I almost never have to remind him to do chores and he often asks to help me with mine. I'm really enjoying it and hope he keeps on going on this path.

Mine is awesome. I used to think 13 was scary. I've been amazed for the most part.

I used to be terrified of having teens, but I have been pleasantly surprised at how wonderful it is. It even beats having babies and I loooove babies! :lol:

I love my 13 year old boy. There are some wonderful glimpses of manhood peeking through. But there are also hormones, attitude at times, and glimpses of toddlerhood! But I love him anyway.:001_wub:

Exactly! Around here 12 is often hard. Mine go through puberty early. :001_smile:

I love my 13 year old boy. There are some wonderful glimpses of manhood peeking through. But there are also hormones, attitude at times, and glimpses of toddlerhood! But I love him anyway.:001_wub:

This. Except mine is 14 now.

This. Except mine is 14 now.

Yes, this...mine is 14 now, but, yes.

One day I'm admiring what a fine young man he has become and the next I want to bend him over my knee like a 3 yr old.

But then he picks up his baby sister with a smile and says "hi beautiful" and she squeals...and mama's heart melts and I forget how much I wanted to choke him 5 minutes prior LOL

So you are telling me that in just a week, my now disagreeable, angry, attitude-copping, complaining, stubborn, defiant and moody 12yo ds will magically transform into a compliant, cheerful, respctful, obedient, good-hearted young man? Really? :D If you are lying to me, I will find out where you live. :glare:

:lol::lol:

So you are telling me that in just a week, my now disagreeable, angry, attitude-copping, complaining, stubborn, defiant and moody 12yo ds will magically transform into a compliant, cheerful, respctful, obedient, good-hearted young man? Really? :D If you are lying to me, I will find out where you live. :glare:

:lol::lol:

No, no, no, I made no guarantees for anyone. :lol:

It is so amazing, this transformation from 12 to 13. They can be such awesome young men. I'm just sitting here admiring my good-hearted boy as he mows the grass. He doesn't complain about chores anymore just happily does his part. :001_smile:

I have a 12yo - is that close enough?

And yes, he's an absolute JOY. And the fact that he willingly totes around the baby and the 2yo EVERYWHERE and plays with them really does an awful lot to turn this mama's heart into mush.

I like him more now than ever and he's been one of the easiest in our lives. If you're telling me it only gets better next year, I can hardly wait!