Menu

Anyone up for another round of "Would you eat this?"

We hosted Easter dinner today. I bought two pot roasts so there would be enough for leftovers. I browned them on the stovetop, then put them in separate crock pots with carrots and potatoes, covered in a mixture of onion soup mix, water, chopped garlic and red wine.

I plugged in both crock pots, and thought I turned both of them on. Exactly 3 hours later, I discovered that one had not been turned on at all. Grrr!

So, my sister said it was probably fine and turned it on. I ended up feeding everyone from the one that cooked OK, and let the other one finish cooking. It's cooked for a good five hours on high. She said she wouldn't be afraid to eat it. I'm a little squeamish about such things...knowing it just sat there, seared but raw, for three hours just kind of icks me out.

But I've heard that beef doesn't spoil like poultry would in that situation.

I'd just toss it, but there's like $15 worth of food in that pot!

Of course, I wouldn't accept a dose of food poisoning if someone paid me $15 to do so....:glare:

WWYD? Thanks!

Well I did something very similar a few months ago, so I can say definitively that I would not eat it. Not because I didn't want to, but when I sat down to enjoy a slice of delicious pork roast, all I could think about was, "Food poisoning, I'm going to get food poisoning!" Totally ruined it for me, so I tossed it.

Well I did something very similar a few months ago, so I can say definitively that I would not eat it. Not because I didn't want to, but when I sat down to enjoy a slice of delicious pork roast, all I could think about was, "Food poisoning, I'm going to get food poisoning!" Totally ruined it for me, so I tossed it.

LOL! Well...this might be me tomorrow. I don't know, though...I like to think of it like the one poster said, as marinated now. :)