Menu

Need mascara recommendation

If you have sensitive eyes, especially, I don't recommend MK. Their eye makeup remover stung me and my DD to death at the last party we went to, so now I'm super wary about any of their eye stuff. BeautiControl has one I used for years and years. It's called Spectaculash, and it's really good. I've never had problems, anyway. Here's the link to the waterproof one.

I need help finding a mascara that will stay on. I always end up with raccoon eyes and mascara under my brow. The problem is my eyes are really deep set. Every waterproof I have tried does not work.

I've started using Beautypedia for cosmetics reviews. I've bought a number of Paula's Picks, and I've been very happy with everything so far. It's especially great if you have a smartphone, as you can look at the reviews while shopping.

You have to sign up to use some of the features, but it's free. You could also look at her books:

The Beauty Bible

Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me

Edited by Perry

I've started using Beautypedia for cosmetics reviews. I've bought a number of Paula's Picks, and I've been very happy with everything so far. It's especially great if you have a smartphone, as you can look at the reviews while shopping.

Here's the best mascara page. A checkmark and smiley face is a Paula's Pick. If it has dollar signs, it's a Paula's Pick but unnecessarily expensive. You can click on column headings to sort by different categories.

Too funny! That is how I found the two I recommended above.:)

That's why my sister now uses Too Faced Lashlight. I use the Too Faced Lash Injection. But, everyone wants something different in a mascara. I imagine how you apply it has something to do with it as well.

I never thought I would say this but I swear by Diorshow Iconic. It costs a fortune but, man oh man, it is nice. No clumps and it is very subtle. I guess you can really make those long lashes with it, but just a little looks wonderful.

I have also used "full and soft' but it smeared (on me) easily.

Diorshow never smears and it comes off with eye makeup remover. I don't use waterproof because it makes my lashes fall out. My biggest problem with Diorshow (besides the price) is that I forget I am wearing mascara and go to bed with it still on.

I think I use Maybelline Great Lash. For me, it is not so much the mascara that leads to racoon eyes, but whether or not I use powder around my eyes before applying the mascara. I don't use a foundation all over my face, but I use an under-eye concealer and then powder. No powder = racoon eyes. It took me years to figure that out.

Lisa

I have tried many mascaras over the years...I don't like waterproof because it's too hard to remove without removing your eyelashes too!!:001_smile: I LOVE Covergirl's lashblast.

I used to wear fancy dept. store mascara and this is the only drugstore brand that I have found I like. (And I love it!) Doesn't rub off, at all.

I have the same problem and the only mascara that works for me is "Cover Girl Professional Waterproof Mascara" in the blue tube with a the black ring at the center (not the Remarkable one). Here is a picture:

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=cover+girl+professional+waterproof+mascara&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=13779087636319051270&sa=X&ei=YWGvTZqgI4X6sAPa0cySAw&ved=0CDEQ8gIwAg#

I was so happy to find it. I have been using it for years and love it.

I never made it to the store today.

What I am using now is a Great Lash Waterproof. Before that it was Lash Blast, and before that it was regular Great Lash.

I have tried the powder before mascara and powder after mascara and it doesn't seem to make much difference.

Thanks for all the links, too.

Estee Lauder or L'Oreal Voluminous, but my eyes aren't deep-set, so those might not be good.

I want to add: I hold a piece of toilet paper below my eye and blink (long and exaggerated) several times right after applying so that the excess goes onto the toilet paper.

Edited by jadedone80