Menu

Dh needs a daytime tux and I need....

http://www.landsend.com/pp/OriginalCottonVneckFlareDress~206182_59.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::TVY&CM_MERCH=IDX_Women-_-DressesSkirts&origin=index

I have this dress is navy and have worn it for many special occassions. A nice pair of flats or heels, depending on YOUR preference, and some pearls would look lovely. I've had six children and still carry some baby weight, ok LOTS of baby weight. This dress fits so nicely, is flattering, and doesn't show too much skin. It has a nice v-neck, but the girls stay nicely tucked inside. I really love it. In fact, I bought one in pink for fun summer occassions.

something to wear that is appropriate.

I have no idea why the tux is needed for a daytime event but apparently that is the dress code.

What do I wear? I have no idea if dh will be in white or black tie.

White tie is the most formal dress for a man. Black tie is less formal. It would be good if he could find out which one he should have. If it's white tie, then your dress should also be more formal (floor length), less formal if it's black tie.

White tie is the most formal dress for a man. Black tie is less formal. It would be good if he could find out which one he should have. If it's white tie, then your dress should also be more formal (floor length), less formal if it's black tie.

I found this:

(a) Black bow tie, plain white tuxedo shirt, black cummerbund, black footwear, and black tuxedo. No wingtip collars will be allowed.

(b) A member serving in the armed forces of his country, full time police and firefighters shall be considered in proper attire when dressed in a Class A dress uniform.

Dh could go either tux or Class A dress uniform.

See, that is correct: The wing-tip collars are supposed to be worn with white tie, and that's the most formal. Yes, I know that some men wear the wing-tip collars with black tie, but that is incorrect.

So the event is less formal than white-tie. You don't have to have a floor-length dress; dressy, cocktail length would be fine.

This is a nice dress.

http://www.landsend.com/pp/OriginalCottonVneckFlareDress~206182_59.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::TVY&CM_MERCH=IDX_Women-_-DressesSkirts&origin=index

I have this dress is navy and have worn it for many special occassions. A nice pair of flats or heels, depending on YOUR preference, and some pearls would look lovely. I've had six children and still carry some baby weight, ok LOTS of baby weight. This dress fits so nicely, is flattering, and doesn't show too much skin. It has a nice v-neck, but the girls stay nicely tucked inside. I really love it. In fact, I bought one in pink for fun summer occassions.

Do you have a Nordstroms near you? Not Nordstrom Rack but a regular one? If so, I've always had success there. Go to the formal wear section and they will help you. This is great if you're like me and have no clue.

They're not as expensive as most people think and have lots of basic, classic dresses to choose from. Oh, and they bring them to you so you don't have to become exhausted looking through all the racks.

Good luck!

Do you have a Nordstroms near you? Not Nordstrom Rack but a regular one? If so, I've always had success there. Go to the formal wear section and they will help you. This is great if you're like me and have no clue.

They're not as expensive as most people think and have lots of basic, classic dresses to choose from. Oh, and they bring them to you so you don't have to become exhausted looking through all the racks.

Good luck!

No, no Nordstroms. I'm not even sure there is one in this state.

What do y'all think of this dress?

I like it but the halter would create a bra problem for me.

I am short and fluffy. The best cocktail dresses for *me* are sleeveless (tank style so I can wear a bra), have a v-neck, are fitted from right under the breasts through the waist and slightly fuller through the hips (not too full for me, makes me look shorter).

I can always find a dress at Macy's.

I love it, but make sure you have the right booKshelves.

Yep, you will need a strapless bra. I have a very similar dress and one thing that is a problem is the panty line. Everything I owned, even my thinnest no-show styles showed except for my boy shorts. LOL The fabric may be different on this one, but I almost had to return mine due to the fabric.