Menu

Art classes for children

Do you know if the class would be all ages, or would it be grouped in certain grades? Would it be an hour class or longer?

For an hour, with kids in a 3 grade range, say 3rd - 5th or 6th - 8th, I'd pay about $6 per class, I think - more if supplies are provided. Just as an example. :001_smile:

We pay $5/ child for an hour long art class each week, grouped by age 3-6 yo, 7-10, 11 and up - taught by art education majors or art therapy majors from K-state. It has been fantastic and well worth every penny. I'd pay more actually if they asked because the kids are getting real art instruction, not just arts and crafts time.

I have a degree in art and am an art teacher by profession. When I teach group lessons they are usually 1.5 hours in length, once per week and supplies are included in the price. My current charge is $15 per session per student. I offer classes that run a whole school year either for homeschool groups or as an after school program through the private school where I am on faculty.

Blessings,

Lucinda

The standard cost around here for almost any enrichment class is $10, sometimes $12, per hour (materials may or may not be included). Now, that said, our hs group has been incredibly fortunate to have a Montessori art teacher with many years experience who has offered classes this year for an incredibly low price---$50 per kid for a 14 week semester, one hour a week, plus $9 for materials. The ages are grouped into three different class periods (k-2, 3-5, 6-8), and everyone works on the same artist in a given week, but each grade level will have a different approach to it (so the 5th graders aren't doing the same exact thing as the 3rd graders, even though they are in class at the same time). My daughter has loved it and can't wait for next semester!

The other art teacher we have, who focuses on technique for the older/more advanced kids, charges $10 per hour plus a materials fee (so $140 for the same 14 week semester). She is not degreed, but has experience in instruction. The class did make, but the less expensive one is much more in demand. I may end up with my daughter in that class, but likely not until I feel her skill level requires that level of instruction.

Edited by KarenNC