Menu

Chicken in the crock pot

Pizza Chicken - Dump chicken breasts in the crockpot. Cover with pizza sauce and then mozarella cheese.

Sticky Chicken - Put Chicken thighs and legs into crockpot. Mix together 1 jar apple jelly, 1 small bottle French Catalina dressing, and one package powdered onion soup. Pour over chicken

Chicken Stew - cut up chicken breasts into cubes and put in crock pot. Add veggies. Pour in 1 large can cream of chicken soup and 1 large can water. Cook all day. If you are adding cut up potatos, wait to add those until about 30 minutes before serving or they get mushy.

This lady has amazing crock pot recipes (with and without chicken!)

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

Mexican chicken--layer chicken breasts (4-6), shredded corn tortillas, liquids (recipe calls for Rotel mixed with cream of chicken soup, but I don't use the soup; instead I mix whipping cream, chicken stock, diced tomatoes, a few smashed garlic cloves, 1/4 C chopped onion, and a few diced jalapenos), cheese, and spices (cumin, s&p, more garlic, more onions).

I use one layer of chicken and 3-4 layers of the rest. Do not use cheese at the top layer.

When chicken is done, sprinkle with more cheese, and top with sour cream and avocado if desired (I deeply, deeply desire sour cream and avocado).

Creamy chicken soup:

Chop celery, carrots, garlic, and onions (I've used green, yellow, white, whatever you have). Throw it in the cooker. Top with chicken breasts. Add in chicken broth and white wine.

When chicken is almost finished, swirl in some cream and salt and pepper to taste.

I serve it over homemade biscuits.

I adjusted a recipe I got on here:

Teriyaki Chicken

Chicken, cut into cubes

1/2 cup or so of teriyaki sauce

1 can pineapple chunks with liquid

1 or 2 carrots, coarsely chopped

1 onion, coarsely chopped

I don't like to cook green pepper in my crockpot all day because it comes out bitter. Maybe you could add chopped green pepper for 30 min before serving, if you want?

Serve over rice.

:)

Lemon & Garlic Chicken (this is also excellent roasted in a dutch oven)

whole chicken

light coating of olive oil

chopped garlic

Rosemary (chopped dried or sprig of fresh)

salt/pepper

squeeze lemon juice all over and add lemon (as many as sound good)

Serve with rice and salad.

Chicken, whole or pieces, whatever you have on hand

Lots of garlic, whole cloves, or dried, minced

Dried onion flakes

Dried rosemary or thyme

Salt & Pepper, to taste

1/2 cup water or broth (if chicken is fresh; not necessary for frozen chicken)

Dump it all in. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. I make a whole crock at once and then de-bone the chicken and reserve for other meals. It's great in stir-fries, in gravy over rice, potatoes or noodles, in casseroles, in soft tacos or wraps, in just about anything, really.

The first night I serve it over mashed potatoes.

Mexican chicken--layer chicken breasts (4-6), shredded corn tortillas, liquids (recipe calls for Rotel mixed with cream of chicken soup, but I don't use the soup; instead I mix whipping cream, chicken stock, diced tomatoes, a few smashed garlic cloves, 1/4 C chopped onion, and a few diced jalapenos), cheese, and spices (cumin, s&p, more garlic, more onions).

I use one layer of chicken and 3-4 layers of the rest. Do not use cheese at the top layer.

When chicken is done, sprinkle with more cheese, and top with sour cream and avocado if desired (I deeply, deeply desire sour cream and avocado).

yum!!!!

2 Chicken breasts

8 oz of salsa (we like to puree it)

On low for 6 hours...

Last hour shred chicken and add 1/2 cup sour cream.

Serve with tortillas, cheese, lettuce and other burrito fixings.

:iagree:We love this recipe. We use it for tacos. If I am feeling more like soup, we add 2 cans black beans, 1 can corn, chicken broth, and 1 can died tomatoes. Staple dinner in our house!

We cook about 5 pounds of boneless chicken at a time and either add bbq sauce or taco seasoning.

Freeze half or serve it all! For busy weeks, we slap that bbq chicken on buns and add chips and carrots. Dinner Done!

Taco chicken works great, too. You can set the toppings out and let people serve themselves as they come home.

I do something similar, but use a can of Rotel (or plain tomatoes if I have don't have Rotel) and some taco seasoning. By dinnertime it is falling apart and we make burritos or chicken tacos.

Thanks for the reminder, I need to go put some chicken on. :001_smile: