Menu

Water bottles - We have SO many and they all leak!

Honestly, I usually just use a water bottle of the kind that is sold with water already in it. They get claimed and designated by individuals and refilled until they break or get filthy or someone gets sick and wants to toss the germs, then we recycle. Usual lifespan of such a bottle is a month or two. We avoid leaving them in a car and don't stick them in the dishwasher. It also avoids problems with the issue of losing bottles, which I've done even when I had a rather pricey stainless steel bottle.

I've been really pleased with my stainless Kleen Kanteen with a screw-on lid. No leaking, unless the lid isn't screwed in correctly. It *can* go in the dishwasher, though I generally prefer to wash it by hand with a bottle brush (it's tall and doesn't fit on the top of my DW, and the bottom is usually full of other things).

We use Kleen Kanteen or Sigg. Dd12 has a Camelbak for school, but its lid pops open occasionally and drips. She says that others in school have the same issue. They can have water bottles at their desks, and the kids like Camelbaks because they don't have to take the lid off or unscrew a top. She has reverted to our old Sigg bottles with a sports top, due to the drips.