Menu

Have you seen this Microsoft commercial with homeschoolers?

Does the man come with the program? Whose got an attentive, quiet, non-distracting hubby doing this at home!!

My hubs is attentive but not quiet nor non-distracting. He also must be made to leave the house before we start history or he gets engrossed in the lesson and loses all track of time.

They cannot be homeschoolers. The mom is coiffed and dressed as are the kids. The house is clean. They are all smiling at the same time (that many kids and no bickering?).

heh

Seriously! And did you notice there was not a single stain on her ironed, WHITE shirt? Are you kidding me? Final straw - the computer had some weird academic program running on it, not WTM forums. I'm calling bogus on this one. ;)

I wonder if it's a real family?

I think it'd be neat if they could show a bunch of different families homeschooling, with a lot of different styles. I'll bet there are a lot of people who think that's what homeschooling looks like--Mom upfront, kids in a row, etc. Looks like a classroom, just with a husband and a couch. Not that there's anything wrong with that :D, it's just I'd like to see some stereotypes broken down once in a while.

Anyway, at least they chose homeschooling--and it does show kids that aren't just using McGuffey readers and that sort of thing--NOT that there's anything wrong with that, either! LOL