Menu

Comedians?

Who are some of your favorite comedians? (Mostly stand up type, not so much comedy actors)

Mine:

Demetri Martin

If I have to move up in a building, I choose the elevator over the escalator. Because one time I was riding the escalator and I tripped. I fell down the stairs for an hour and a half.

Jim Gaffigan

I come from a very large family - nine parents.

Steven Wright

I went into a restaurant. The menu said “breakfast any time.†So I ordered French toast during the Renaissance.

Mitch Hedburg

I like the escalator. Because an escalator can never break. It can only become stairs. There would never be a escalator temporary out of order sign, only an “Escalator temporarily stair. Sorry for the convenience.â€

Ellen Degeneres

In the beginning there was nothing. God said, ‘Let there be light!’ And there was light. There was still nothing, but you could see it a whole lot better.

Emo Phillips

All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.

You would probably also like Brian Reagan. Look up the Epitome of Hyperbole on either Netflik or youtube. Bill Engvall is pretty funny. Time Hawkins. Ricky Gervais. The last one can be a little more adult in theme than the others although Bill does have a few hubby/wife skits.

My dh and I love stand up! Going to the comedy club is our favorite date night:). My favorites are Nick Swardson, Brian Regan, Greg Giraldo, Ellen's In The Beginning set, Louis C.K., Mitch Hedburg, and a lot I am forgetting. I'm pretty sure we have seen every Comedy Central Presents. I am going to see Tim Hawkins at the convention tomorrow and I imagine that will be pretty funny:)

You would probably also like Brian Reagan. Look up the Epitome of Hyperbole on either Netflik or youtube. Bill Engvall is pretty funny. Time Hawkins. Ricky Gervais. The last one can be a little more adult in theme than the others although Bill does have a few hubby/wife skits.

I do enjoy all the Blue Collar comedy tour guys (Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall, Ron White, Larry the Cable Guy)

My husband and I are huge Margaret Cho fans. Also, Wanda Sikes can be really funny...Steve Martin, Robin Williams, any Second City performance (we used to go to Second City in Chicago), toned-down Bernie Mac (we loved Bernie Mac)... I love comedy. I missed my calling as a bad stand-up comedian. Oh well, there's still time. :tongue_smilie:

LOVE Tim Hawkins. I love watching comedians but find it very difficult to find "clean" ones. Does anyone know if some of the ones mentioned in this thread are clean? I'm not familiar with most of them.

Brian Regan is clean. Love him! He has some stuff available on Netflix instant.