Menu

My recent book purchase experience

:001_huh: Hello, I am new to all this, so, I may be wrong in what I am thinking..

I bought SOTW AG from the on sale board on this forum, and I received the same in time, however I dont see any student pages/maps or coloring sheets in it...

don't they come along with AG??

SHould the seller not have disclosed this??

I mainly bought this AG, for those cloring sheets and maps to be filled in, and when I see missing in the AG, I feel :crying:

Did I miss anything??

That would be pretty lousy if someone sold it like that. As far as I understand it that isn't even legal per the copyright.

If that is the case (hopefully you just didn't realize they are in the back) you can buy the student pages separately from Peace Hill Press.

It is against copyright law to sell the AG once it has been used....and if the student pages are missing it has definitely been used. The AG is considered a consumable workbook. It should not be sold unless someone were to purchase it and decide not to use it at all. This is the info the moderator gave to me in a thread where I was asking about selling the AG that was intact (including the student pages) I had copied them to be able to keep my book intact but because I did use the contents of the AG I couldn't legally sell the book. Does that make sense? I know that doesn't help you with your situation but just wanted you to be aware for future purchases.

Yes, it should contain those sheets. A good chunk of the book would be missing if they aren't in there. I sincerely hope the seller will rectify this. I'd be upset too.

:001_huh: Hello, I am new to all this, so, I may be wrong in what I am thinking..

I bought SOTW AG from the on sale board on this forum, and I received the same in time, however I dont see any student pages/maps or coloring sheets in it...

don't they come along with AG??

SHould the seller not have disclosed this??

I mainly bought this AG, for those cloring sheets and maps to be filled in, and when I see missing in the AG, I feel :crying:

Did I miss anything??

Yes, it does include the coloring pages and maps. I do think it should have been clearly stated that this book was missing pages. I am so sorry you have to deal with this. If you got a nice enough deal on the AG you can buy the student pages separately on PDF or printed. Hth

You don't have to argue with her, just send her an email telling her that the pages were missing and that she didn't mention it in her ad. Find out how much the pdf is and ask her to refund that amount or something close to it. I'm not comfortable doing things like that either, but it needs to be done. If she doesn't respond you should give her a negative rating to protect others from a similar experience with her.

I cant figure out if it was ripped out of the book, since it has been spiral bound..

Well, I dont feel like arguing with seller, its not my personality, but I really feel pinched for what I spent and what I got!

You didn't get what you paid for, since activities in the book are missing. You have nothing to feel bad about by letting the seller know that you can see there are missing activities in the guide. That is not arguing, just informing.

I think you should let the seller know you will be leaving appropriate feedback. If they do not make it right for you, let others know. You may be preventing others from being cheated in the future this way.

If you leave feedback you will need to copy and paste the post that contains the for sale ad of the item you purchased into the feedback.

You don't have to argue with her, just send her an email telling her that the pages were missing and that she didn't mention it in her ad. Find out how much the pdf is and ask her to refund that amount or something close to it. I'm not comfortable doing things like that either, but it needs to be done. If she doesn't respond you should give her a negative rating to protect others from a similar experience with her.

:iagree:

And honestly, I much prefer the PDF for the student pages.

That way I don't have to tear apart the book or do any xeroxing.

PLEASE leave appropriate feedback. I recently purchased something from someone with only positive feedback and as soon as I sent the money, I never heard from her again. No response to multiple emails and PMs. And no books either. I know people don't like to leave negative feedback, but if someone else had- I might not be out $25. I did leave feedback and hopefully no one else will make the same mistake. And dh will file a complaint with Paypal tonight and hopefully we'll be able to get our money back.

It is against copyright law to sell the AG once it has been used....and if the student pages are missing it has definitely been used. The AG is considered a consumable workbook. It should not be sold unless someone were to purchase it and decide not to use it at all.

I have been buying the AG and the pdf of the student pages. It's so much easier to print from the pdf than to make copies. Doesn't that make it so that the AG can then be sold legally? I haven't used/copied the student pages from the AG at all.

You need to address this. You need to leave honest feedback or other people on the board will get ripped off too... and you could prevent that from happening. But, before leaving bad feedback, you need to give the seller an opportunity to set things right. Maybe somehow it was an honest mistake... like she forgot she ripped out the pages or something... I sorta doubt that, but you never know...

I cant figure out if it was ripped out of the book, since it has been spiral bound..

Well, I dont feel like arguing with seller, its not my personality, but I really feel pinched for what I spent and what I got!

Definitely send her an email! If it was spiral bound, she may have put the pages in another folder/binder and simply forgotten to send them along to you, all the while thinking she did. How many times have we flaked out on something before? I usually try to give the person the benefit of the doubt, so I would take the time to send a nice, but to the point email stating that all those pages were missing and could she please send them to you. If she gives you a hassle after you nicely asking, then I would see no problem in giving a negative rating. It would then be deserved, but not now, IMHO. I hope it all works out for you!

I have been buying the AG and the pdf of the student pages. It's so much easier to print from the pdf than to make copies. Doesn't that make it so that the AG can then be sold legally? I haven't used/copied the student pages from the AG at all.

I would think that's fine, since you essentially bought two sets of the student pages (one in print in the AG, and one on pdf), but only used one set.

I do the same and asked this question before, but didn't see an answer.

:001_smile:RELIEF!!

I emailed her, and YES it was an honest mistake on her part!!

She said, she tore off the student pages and bound them separately, but didnt send those along, as it had been a while she used them and totally forgot about the same.

She is sending them now...Yes, good people are there in this world!

Thank you ladies, for all your thoughts and inputs.

:001_smile:RELIEF!!

I emailed her, and YES it was an honest mistake on her part!!

She said, she tore off the student pages and bound them separately, but didnt send those along, as it had been a while she used them and totally forgot about the same.

She is sending them now...Yes, good people are there in this world!

Thank you ladies, for all your thoughts and inputs.

Yay! I am glad that that was all it was. Thank you for emailing her and I am so happy it all worked out for you. :)