Menu

OH my goodness, my children are driving me crazy...

...it is nothing bad, they are good kids for the most part. The bickering and not listening to me is driving me crazy. I am trying to doing everything right, and still they bicker. This morning I had to make an important call for tax reasons. I went and got both of their attention. I told them in a really nice but stern voice. "Mummy needs to make a very important telephone call. I need you to be quiet for me, it will be very short and then we can play." Eye level everything. I dialed the phone number, and the bickering started. At that point I snapped very firmly while the phone was ringing. "I mean it, quiet now!" I get to the message machine and they start AGAIN! Arghhhhh!!!!!!! I was on the phone for less than 2 minutes, I really do not think that it is unreasonable for a almost 4 year old (less than 2 weeks) and an 8 year old to be quiet for a short phone call.

Thank you for reading, I just had to vent!

Nicole

I've had very similar situations with my kids. When they start up when I am on the phone I send them to stand in the corner (our version of time-out) until I am done talking. Then we have the "be quiet when someone is on the phone" conversation. Again. :banghead:

Edited by athena1277

Thank you all, sometimes you just need to put it out there. I am sorry that some of you have had those types of day too, but there is also comfort in the fact that I am not alone. With all of my friends if I DARE to complain about my children, they just roll their eyes and tell me that I have good kids.

Yes, they are good, but they are still kids!

I have to read the rest of the links, but this one made me laugh out loud on the first link

23. The ballerina rose gracefully en Pointe and extended one slender leg behind her, like a dog at a fire hydrant.

:grouphug: I'm sure most of us here can relate as we've all BTDT at some point. I've been on the phone with friends who've had to lock themselves in their bathroom in order to have a quiet conversation and still the kids are banging on the door. :lol:

:iagree:

I was on the phone for less than 2 minutes, I really do not think that it is unreasonable for a almost 4 year old (less than 2 weeks) and an 8 year old to be quiet for a short phone call.

Thank you for reading, I just had to vent!

Nicole

I go into the bedroom, lock the door, and then go into the bathroom, shut THAT door, and then go into the closet. :D