Menu

Who Else is Spring Cleaning This Week?

I have to laugh at myself for how excited I've been to get to the spring cleaning!

Each day this week I'm mobilizing the kids to do a few rooms. Yesterday was the kitchen. We pulled everything out of every cupboard and cleaned/sorted everything.

I had one son up on the counters so he could reach and clean all the tops of the cupboards (yuck!)

Another one cleaned the insides of all the cupboards.

My daughter sorted all the tupperware and lugged things around.

We spent nearly three hours and it's still not done, but way better than before.

Today we're doing the living room, halls, stairs, hall closets and bathrooms (3). I'll try to get the rest of the kitchen done, too.

I feel so much better already! Anyone else want to post a check in?

Me! Me! In fact, Amvets just came with their truck and took away 13 boxes and 7 huge bags of clothes/books/toys etc!!!

Plus the local library has gotten several piles of books!

Hubby is concerned (he is a packrat) that if something isn't nailed down I will donate it somewhere.

Am beginning to get the urge to paint, too - but I already repainted most of the rooms the last two years.

Oh my gosh ... my spring cleaning is epic. We're moving in a few months so I'm spending my entire life right now getting the house in shape to put on the market!!

I can't tell you how many boxes I've packed up of books, household items, etc. that are all getting donated to charity. (Check the Swap board for my homeschooling stuff which I'm posting now! :D)

It's SO LIBERATING to get rid of all this stuff. I feel lighter myself! :)

Not me--I suddenly had an emergency quilt project land on me, and so I can't do any cleaning this week! (It's a gorgeous quilt, but I'm a little pressed for time.)

An emergency quilt project?!?!? I have to know now---why is it an emergency? I occasionally have sewing emergencies, but I haven't had a quilting one ...yet. :001_smile:

LOL - two of you are dealing with pollen.

I got derailed with work today - and this is supposed to be my vacation!

I'm off to finish the living room now and make a plan for tomorrow. NO COMPUTER. NO COMPUTER. I would like my eyes to return to their normal non-strained state by the time vacation week is over.

ME!!! I am not only spring cleaning...we have begun to paint. The little boys room is a beach theme, so we are painting a beach mural on the walls....having so much fun. I'll post pics on my blog when we are done. I am also getting my schoolroom built.

I love cleaning...especially when it includes tossing out junk!

Faithe