Menu

I LOVE Loft Beds!!!

We recently redid the kids' rooms, to make the most of our space. The older ones all got Ikea Tromso loft beds. We're still waiting on some desks for 3 of them. But my 8yr old has a bed, dresser, 3 large Sterilite bins, 2 medium ones, and 3 small ones, a Hot Wheel tire that stores his car, a lamp, a backpack, 4 prs of shoes, a giant Fisher Price T-Rex, the Fisher Price Great Adventures Robin Hood tree fort, a Lego island, and a hamper all for the footprint of one single twin bed :D

My 4yr old has the Ikea Kura bed, which is a shorter loft bed. But last night I managed to fit a dresser, a large Mega Blok bin, a doll bed, an Itso cube from Target for Bitty stuff, her piano, 11 rubber duckies (she collects them), 3 heart shaped bins for odds and ends, a lamp, a mirror, books, and a hard shelled Hello Kitty purse-case thing. Oh, and she has a rug!! :hurray:

My room/schoolroom looks SO much better now (she's in here too)!! I swear it's been the best thing I have done to maximize space... wish I would have done it sooner ;) LOL

Edited by missesd

Ok, so I warn you now, I did not have time to pick up... LOL Please forgive me :blush:

This is my 4yr old's set up... she wanted to be in the picture :) They took all her heart pillows down to make a "couch"... LOL

Lenabedresized.jpg

A better shot of what's under it...

UnderLenabedresized.jpg

Now this is my 6 yr olds bed. She did not get a loft bed, but I wanted to show how we did tings with an "L" type bed under a loft. Also we fit 2 lofts (you can see the frame of the other to the side) and the daybed.

Oliviabedresized.jpg

Now, I don't know WHAT it is about boy rooms... but I actually had them pick up before I took pics, and it *still* looked like this!! *sigh*

Jamiebedresized.jpg

This is a better shot of what's under there...

UnderJamiebedresized.jpg

Now to the right of this is another loft bed making an "L" to this one, along the wall. And I am standing under the third in there. If I can get everyone to pick up tomorrow, and more batteries... I was running out while trying to take these... LOL I will try and get a picture of the entire room set ups so you can see how they fit together, and our rooms are NOT that big.

I just got the same loft bed for my daughter. She loves it! We hung a hammock under it, and the kids are in it all day. It has become my son's favorite reading spot. Luckily his sister doesn't mind sharing. :)

You can see pics of the bed and hammock here.

I just got the same loft bed for my daughter. She loves it! We hung a hammock under it, and the kids are in it all day. It has become my son's favorite reading spot. Luckily his sister doesn't mind sharing. :)

You can see pics of the bed and hammock here.

Where'd you get the hammock?? That is SO cool!!

Where'd you get the hammock?? That is SO cool!!

I picked it up at Target last year. We never had a place to hang it up, but then we put the loft bed up, and I just decided it would be perfect under the bed. :001_smile:

It looks great!!! Wow, you can fit so much underneath them! And your daughters mini loft bed is adorable! I think I've seen that one in Ikea before. Do you know what the weight limit on the top bunk of that one is? And is it pretty sturdy?

Right now our DD's are 6 and 3 and we still have a family bedroom....they sleep in a full sized bed in our room. But one day they'll move into the playroom and we will actually have to fit beds in there among other things LOL. Loft beds would be great!

And that hammock is awesome!!!

Dang you got a lotta kids!!!!! :D LOL! It doesn't really sink in reading your siggy until you realize they all have to have a bed to sleep in! :tongue_smilie: Seriously though, I love what you guys have done with the place! The little one looks TOTALLY sweet and adorable in her new pad!!! I bet she just plays & plays under there!!! :)

It looks great!!! Wow, you can fit so much underneath them! And your daughters mini loft bed is adorable! I think I've seen that one in Ikea before. Do you know what the weight limit on the top bunk of that one is? And is it pretty sturdy?

Right now our DD's are 6 and 3 and we still have a family bedroom....they sleep in a full sized bed in our room. But one day they'll move into the playroom and we will actually have to fit beds in there among other things LOL. Loft beds would be great!

And that hammock is awesome!!!

I looked for a limit in the paperwork, and the website and didn't see any :confused: But I've gone up there and I'm 230 lbs :blushing: I've also had the 3 little ones up there, combined weight of 130 lbs. And boy howdy is that thing sturdy!!! I love how rock solid it is, nothing to worry about with that one. It even comes with it's own slats that SCREW into the metal rails on the bed!! No sliding around like some slate we've had on beds. REALLY well made :) If you got to Ikea's site, you can see where they took the same mattress as we have on top (it's the $99 foam mattress- can't be thicker then 5"), and put one on the bottom. They made it into a nifty little pad, but you could also just make into an extra bed too. She was nice enough to tell me, that I had no bed now, and I could sleep under hers :lol: I just said "no, mommy will sleep right over there in the old bed" ;)

Dang you got a lotta kids!!!!! :D LOL! It doesn't really sink in reading your siggy until you realize they all have to have a bed to sleep in! :tongue_smilie: Seriously though, I love what you guys have done with the place! The little one looks TOTALLY sweet and adorable in her new pad!!! I bet she just plays & plays under there!!! :)

I know right?? I think that when I make my grocery list every week too :lol: Awww, thank you... she does play under there, but oddly enough, I think I have seen the 6 yr old under there more... LOL

Add a roll or fold out bed, if you don't already have one.;) Sick child + loft bed = scene from CSI!

Usually, I put a bowl next to them when they are sick. Or the littlest one will sleep with me... but ewww, what a gruesome thought :ack2:

Wonderful!

I have thought of having loft beds for the boys (one has one already). For some odd reason, they all want to share a room, even though we have offered to move the office and possibly even the bonus room so that they would have their own rooms.

So the room fits 3 beds in there, but not much else.....loft beds would help.

Dawn

I think one of the things I like, and I notice this especially with the DD who is in my room/schoolroom, is that gives her a space of her own. Kind of like her own room within a room, and that's nice. I smile every time I see it :)

I wish we would have though of loft beds when the boys were younger.

The girls have very small rooms. (still working on the curtains and decorating)

These are the two my dh made the girls around Christmas time. The pink one has the end open up (has a lock on it) to pull the mattress down, and the lavender one has the sides, with the gate in the middle, pull up and out.

http://trueblessingshomeschool.blogspot.com/search?q=loft+bed