Menu

Minecraft? Any reviews?

My ds plays this game. He is constantly telling what he is building. He takes a lot of what we're learning and adds to the game, like he wants to build a Camp Half-Blood.

From a parental perspective, we're pretty liberal with some games so we don't monitor his usage too much, so I can't give any pros and cons from that angle.

I will say it has kept my son's interest for several months and he turned off the Xbox to play this Minecraft. My son was able to purchase when it was still in alpha stage and he does talk about all the improvements that have been made and continue to be made. So the developer seems to be invested into his product.

Here's some info about the game itself.

Think Geek has a shirt my ds wants badly, the boy that dislikes clothing found a shirt he wants. :lol:

Both my girls play, though we disabled the monsters for my 6yo because she prefers to just build. DH snuck into her game at nights and built a huge subterranean world for her to discover and explore, like an archaeologist.

My ds plays this game. He is constantly telling what he is building. He takes a lot of what we're learning and adds to the game, like he wants to build a Camp Half-Blood.

From a parental perspective, we're pretty liberal with some games so we don't monitor his usage too much, so I can't give any pros and cons from that angle.

I will say it has kept my son's interest for several months and he turned off the Xbox to play this Minecraft. My son was able to purchase when it was still in alpha stage and he does talk about all the improvements that have been made and continue to be made. So the developer seems to be invested into his product.

Here's some info about the game itself.

Think Geek has a shirt my ds wants badly, the boy that dislikes clothing found a shirt he wants. :lol:

Wow----your ds's story is almost exactly ours!! His xbox too has been turned off to play Minecraft and he excitedly shows us his creations. Unfortunately, he has not played in a week or so because our graphics card is going bad or something :glare: It really seems to be a neat and somewhat innocent game. ;)

This is all second hand info from mine who all play.

Server goes down a lot, apparently. It is veeery popular right now.

According to my oldest, if you are very conservative you might want to play single player. But really, that is true for all of the online multiplayer games, I guess?? Also there are monsters etc. at night.

T

The only thing I like about it is that it is a randomly generated world. The graphics bother me, lol.

Georgia

Ds's love it and I am so happy that it really has drawn some attention away from the Xbox. Ds 14 is working on his latest project which is a castle. The greatest thing would be a homeschool group that would allow them to play online together.

DD11 loves minecraft. She plays the free version now (we haven't ponied up for the pay version). I like that it is creative and non-violent. (The free version is anyway - don't know about monsters). She always makes me come look at what she has built.