Menu

Sharing a "Proud Mama" moment...

Older DS (grade 12) is taking Spanish this year at the local community college. He has the same teacher this semester as last; this is his very first exposure to any foreign language and he's done a super job -- been very responsible and really taken ownership of doing all the work and being prepared -- to the point that last semester he had the highest grade in the class.

And this semester [insert drum roll now for the proud moment], his teacher approached him and asked if he'd like to be hired by the CC to be the note taker for a fellow classmate who is sight-impaired! His first job! Still beaming. :D

Thanks for letting me share! Warmest regards, Lori D.

Older DS (grade 12) is taking Spanish this year at the local community college. He has the same teacher this semester as last; this is his very first exposure to any foreign language and he's done a super job -- been very responsible and really taken ownership of doing all the work and being prepared -- to the point that last semester he had the highest grade in the class.

And this semester [insert drum roll now for the proud moment], his teacher approached him and asked if he'd like to be hired by the CC to be the note taker for a fellow classmate who is sight-impaired! His first job! Still beaming. :D

Thanks for letting me share! Warmest regards, Lori D.

Lori, congratulations and thanks so much for sharing. It is reassuring to hear this after reading one too many articles recently saying that homeschoolers are often not prepared for the reality of college. Nice job, Mom, and kudos to your son.

Thanks all for celebrating with me! :)

And I just have to add... This is the son with *atrocious* handwriting -- so this job is finally giving him a reason to do what *I* have not been able to force, nag or cajole -- to "care" to make an effort and neaten up! :tongue_smilie:

Thanks all for celebrating with me! :)

And I just have to add... This is the son with *atrocious* handwriting -- so this job is finally giving him a reason to do what *I* have not been able to force, nag or cajole -- to "care" to make an effort and neaten up! :tongue_smilie:

LOL! I am always amused at what causes our kids to actually do what we've been trying to get them to do for so long. With my oldest it was losing points, even though he got the right answer, for not showing his math calculations *for every step* in calculus.