Menu

Teachers Lounge 2-3-2011

Howdy! It's 37.3 F in Phoenix, AZ right now. While that's not as cold as where some of you folks are, that's a COLD temp for our daytime winter weather! Brrr!

What's for lunch? Me and the kids: pigs in a blanket with a side TBD! ;)

What's different for you today? Me: our daytime weather!

What are you looking forward to this week? Me: our homeschool group's Park Day is tomorrow and I plan on taking advantage of a local grocery store's Donut Friday: Buy one dozen, get a half dozen free!

Talk to me! :bigear:

Howdy! It's 37.3 F in Phoenix, AZ right now. While that's not as cold as where some of you folks are, that's a COLD temp for our daytime winter weather! Brrr! Wow! I bet that is a change! The last time I was in Phoenix it was 120. Everytime I had to walk across a parking lot I like like I was being baked like a Thanksgiving turkey! It is 20 here, about 30 degrees lower than normal and with the 30mph wind gusts the wind chill is near 0. I don't like this!

What's for lunch? Me and the kids: pigs in a blanket with a side TBD! ;) dd is at therapy so her lunch today is the PBJ, grapes, cheese, yogurt, graham crackers, and juice I sent. What she actually eats will be another story. Ds ate popcorn shrimp and pineapple. I just finished a cabbage salad and now some plain pasta. Nothing else sounds good.

What's different for you today? Me: our daytime weather! Um, I don't know LOL.

What are you looking forward to this week? Me: our homeschool group's Park Day is tomorrow and I plan on taking advantage of a local grocery store's Donut Friday: Buy one dozen, get a half dozen free! I am looking forward to warmer weather this weekend. Tomorrow is the food pick up day at our local co-op. I ordered a new meat package from a new provider so I am looking forward to seeing how it compares to the other farm I have been buying from.

Howdy! It's 37.3 F in Phoenix, AZ right now. While that's not as cold as where some of you folks are, that's a COLD temp for our daytime winter weather! Brrr!

It's a balmy 25 F here now (17 w/ the wind chill). But the sun is out!

What's for lunch? Me and the kids: pigs in a blanket with a side TBD! ;)

We have the same thing every day, pretty much. PB & J for the kids and turkey on flatbread for me.

What's different for you today? Me: our daytime weather!

We had a no good, horrible, very bad day of homeschooling. But thankfully that is not the norm.

What are you looking forward to this week? Me: our homeschool group's Park Day is tomorrow and I plan on taking advantage of a local grocery store's Donut Friday: Buy one dozen, get a half dozen free!

Tomorrow is Friday. 'Nuff said.

What's for lunch? Frozen pre-packaged Lean Cuisine lunches. Because my oven is dead. And we can't go get the part to go fix it. Because there's a foot of snow EVERYWHERE.

What's different for you today? Nothing, unfortunately. Same as every other day since Tuesday this week. *glazed look*

What are you looking forward to this week? LEAVING MY HOUSE. Assuming it's possible.

Did I mention the chance of snow on Friday... and again on Monday??

Signed,

Depressed in Tulsa

We are actually seeing the sun today after our past few days of ice storm. I am lucky though. My Mom and brother have been without power since Tuesday and may not get it back until tomorrow or later.

For lunch today, the kids had leftover pizza and I had peanut butter crackers. Nothing fancy here today.

I am looking forward to finally getting out of the house tomorrow. The girls have eye doctor appointments in the morning and then we are having lunch and thrift store shopping with my MIL. Also, hoping that my curriculum shipments that I am expecting come out of UPS limbo and arrive. They have been messed up by the winter storms this week.

It's 21* brrrr

Lunch -- bacon cheeseburger (minus the bun for me) Kiddos also had chips with their's.

Different -- not a good different but I feel lousy. Headache, sore throat, run down, etc. :ack2:

Looking forward to -- can't think of anything now but those donuts scrapbookbuzz is gonna get sure sound good :drool5:

It's in the 30s. Yesterday was in the 70s.

Lunch: kids had leftovers. I'll probably have cheesecake.

Different: can't seem to wake up! We're dragging big time today

Looking forward to: going visit the husband. Haven't seen him since the day after Christmas so we're making the trip to see him for a few days.

It's a balmy 25 F here now (17 w/ the wind chill). But the sun is out!

This is just....wrong. You are in New England? I'm in TX and it's a whopping 17F :glare: I think the poles got reversed on Monday. :lol:

What's for lunch? Leftover cole slaw and BBQ pork.

What's different for you today? Well, I got to go out today :auto: ...the roads are clear enough to go to the store.

What are you looking forward to this week? Um...temps above freezing and the thawing of our hot water pipes.