Menu

Am I crazy for already thinking about what to prepare for next year?

Mommee & Baba

Am I?

I am aleady getting my school supply list up. I'm already working on what curic. we need to have and if we do own it what needs to be done to prepare it for next year and if we don't own it....prepare the purchase in our budget....

So tell me I'm just completely crazy!? right?:lol:

BTW...we're on school day 101!

You're not crazy, you're a planner! Like me! :)

This is the time of year I start planning for next year, too. I feel "restless" and can't wait for this year's school year to be over. I have a virtual shopping cart full to the brim at http://www.childsbooks.com, and will be watching the WTM "for sale" board closely in March/April, when it's a good time to sell and buy used school books.

It's good to know I'm not crazy, but just prepared! :D

Not really, tax return time is just around the corner and a lot of people use that money to pay for the next year's curriculum.:001_smile:

YUP! That's my #1 reason for preparing already. However I want to hold out a little to wait for the FSoT posts to begin up full force towards the end of the school year :p

Am I?

I am aleady getting my school supply list up. I'm already working on what curic. we need to have and if we do own it what needs to be done to prepare it for next year and if we don't own it....prepare the purchase in our budget....

So tell me I'm just completely crazy!? right?:lol:

BTW...we're on school day 101!

We are only on day 58 (we start mid-September) nad I always start planning fro next year in Jan/Feb. we usually use part of our tax refund to buy our school stuff for the next year.

I think it is funny you even have a school supply list going since the sales aren't usually until July... But it is really a good idea!

I just opened my last pack of index cards today and thought to myself that I probably should have bought more as I am making more flashcards this year than I thought I would. I should make that note somewhere to buy more next year along w/crayons. One year I bought so many crayons, paper, and pencils on sale that I didn't need to buy any this year. But now we are low on crayons again :) So I don't think you are crazy. I think it is good planning. I may start a list too.

As for school and curric, no way are you crazy. I bought books for next year back in Oct. during Rod and Staff's annual half off of seconds sale. I do it every year. I buy the next level of English and maths since I know I will use them even though we have just started the current year. The rest I am mentally beginning to plan.

Happy planning!

I think I *stay* in planning mode. I guess it is a hobby that would bore lots of people to death. But, you guys can relate, right?

I can relate. The funny thing is that I even enjoy checking out curriculum that I will never get a chance to use. ex. I checked out a friend's MCT (her son is in 2nd grade) because I had heard so much here about it. I haven't had a 2nd grader for a long time.

Planning is great, especially if it means you can pick up some used curriculum cheaply. The danger of setting things too early is that your children may change and for me the joy of homeschooling is being able to find the resources that are most pertinent both to their needs but also to their interests.