Menu

s/o on wrapping...who has wrapped their own presents on behalf of their dh??? :)-

Have you ever wrapped the gifts that you are receiving?  

1. 1. Have you ever wrapped the gifts that you are receiving?

• Yep
    • Nope
    • Other of course...

My dh wraps my presents when he is here (or pays to have them wrapped, lol). When he isn't here and sends me something I don't wrap it.

DH kept asking me if I knew someplace that wrapped for a fee. I didn't (I guess he could've gone to the PX but the wrapping station hasn't been there regularly...kind of hit or miss. He was just so stressed out about it, it made me feel badly for him.

Honestly, I don't care about the surprise factor, as I already knew, and I'm just so excited that I finally got my own kelly green iPod (I'm a few years behind the times...)

Not if he wants to continue being married :D

I've had years with nothing under the tree, and that was ok. We were so broke, it was impossible.

But wrap my own stuff? To me, that's just mean. It really takes minimal effort to wrap a gift...If I can manage it 1 handed, then I don't see the excuse from anyone else.

I think its just laziness to not wrap it...heck, stuff it in a gift bag with tissue paper. Spend $5 and get it wrapped at the mall. Get one of the kids to do it. But never, ever, ask the person whose getting the gift to wrap it themselves. Tacky.

*of course, if the gift is a car or house, none of the above applies :D*

No, and I wouldn't either (I don't celebrate xmas but it could be Hanukkah or a bday or an anniversary or whatever). I'd either just take it unwrapped since I knew what it was anyway, or I'd tell him "uh if you want it wrapped you should really make the time" or like someone else said, I'd let the kids do it- it wouldn't have to be perfect, just let them have fun with it1

DH kept asking me if I knew someplace that wrapped for a fee. I didn't (I guess he could've gone to the PX but the wrapping station hasn't been there regularly...kind of hit or miss. He was just so stressed out about it, it made me feel badly for him.

Okay, I admit to being a bit generous with my dh on the wrapping thing. I have 3 presents under the tree from him. Two are wrapped in Williams-Sonoma paper, so he clearly had them wrapped there. The third is in a white box, it isn't actually *wrapped*. :D

Honestly, I don't care about the surprise factor, as I already knew, and I'm just so excited that I finally got my own kelly green iPod (I'm a few years behind the times...)

It really doesn't matter what other people think, it matters what you think. And woo-hoo on the new ipod!!!

Hubby has never asked me to do this, but I would decline if he did. I'd rather receive the gift unwrapped (which doesn't seem like a big deal to me at all, it is the gift that counts and not the paper around it!) than to wrap it myself (because that seems silly and pointless).

It takes, what, 15 seconds to stick a gift in a pretty bag with some tissue paper? Just man up and do it! :tongue_smilie: (Unless he's really sick or injured or something, then I can understand.)

Yep. Can't say it bothers me. I will wrap my own this year too, I imagine, as I'm planning to have a big wrap-a-thon this morning and wrap everything.

I bought my own gift this year, though DH didn't know about it until I said I'd bought something and would he like to give it to me for Christmas.

Min

DH and I always ask each other what we would like, so we know what the gift is. I'm cool with that - I always get what I want! Because we already know, we don't bother wrapping the gifts.

This year I have had one of DH's paintings framed for him. It's a big canvas so that would have meant loads of wrapping paper! His gift to me was the game "Contraband" which I have wanted for years :001_smile: we're both very happy and not missing the wrapping paper in the least!