Menu

Awesome audiobook

Surfside Academy

The boys and I just finished listening to The Phantom Tollbooth read by David Hyde Pierce and it was awesome! Honestly, my oldest would never had read this on his own and they all probably would have been bored listening to me read it aloud but they loved the audiobook. Probably one of the best readings I've heard!

Anyone else have any all-time favorites??

A rather strange one, but my children absolutely love the Audiobook by

Christian Light Publications called Benjie. We are starting to wear the c.d.s out on that one!

They also love Farmer Boy, which I have read over and over again but they still like hearing it in audiobook form.

I distinctly remember my 4th grade teacher reading to us 'The Phantom Tollbooth', I just put it in my cart at Amazon!

Thanks!:)

Edited by farmwife
grammer error. Err!

The boys and I just finished listening to The Phantom Tollbooth read by David Hyde Pierce and it was awesome! Honestly, my oldest would never had read this on his own and they all probably would have been bored listening to me read it aloud but they loved the audiobook. Probably one of the best readings I've heard!

Anyone else have any all-time favorites??

Please have your kids reread the Phantom Tollbooth themselves later. The word play is so clever and a lot is lost in audio. I agree with you - one of the best reads this year.

We've loved:

All Edith Nesbit

Narnia from Focus on the Family

Much better on audio than to read aloud:

The Door in the Wall

Understood Betsy

Just plain fun:

Whales on stilts

My girls really liked Marguerite Henry's books on CD. There is a bit of dialect, so I was happy to not be the one reading it. We listened to Misty, Stormy, and one other.

We also really enjoyed The Princess and the Goblin and The Princess and Curdie on CD. I felt the reader's accent added to the story.