Menu

If you were stuck in the snow ...

That is what I did - They came home and I went immediately and told her I was borrowing it - she said she was fine with me borrowing it. She then came over and helped me until I was able to get the vehicle unstuck. But then I started feeling ucky about it and thinking she was just being nice and really thinking I was rude.

That is what I did - They came home and I went immediately and told her I was borrowing it - she said she was fine with me borrowing it. She then came over and helped me until I was able to get the vehicle unstuck. But then I started feeling ucky about it and thinking she was just being nice and really thinking I was rude.

If you really feel bad about it make her some home-made yummies and go back over and say thank you again.

Kris

If you really feel bad about it make her some home-made yummies and go back over and say thank you again.

:iagree:

You had to get your kids! I'm grouchy and unsocial, and even if I didn't know you, I would be glad my shovel was available to help. If I were your neighbor, I would genuinely be nice about it and not at all think you were being rude.

If your vehicle was stuck in the snow and your children were waiting in town for you to pick them up ... would you borrow the snow shovel from the doorstep of a neighbor that wasn't home? The neighbor is friendly and your children play sports together etc ...

I know what you mean about feeling funny about just taking something. But if I were the shovel owner I'd WANT you to feel free to borrow it! KWIM?

Bring them a tin of hot cocoa to say thanks or a GC to Tim Horton's or Dunkin Donuts. Not that it's necessary.

I definitely would borrow the shovel if I needed it to get my vehicle out. I would want someone to borrow MY shovel if they needed it. When there is snow and people are stuck, neighbors need to be really neighborly IMO. I offered to loan my 4WD to a neighbor yesterday so she could take her kids somewhere.

Yes, I would definitely borrow the shovel in that situation. Feeling guilty and appreciative, I'd do something to bless them back. Dig out their car or shovel their drive way and side walks before they have the chance. Nothing is nicer than waking up thinking you need to shovel, and find it already been done.

And I would want and expect you to take my shovel to get your kids picked up....Guilt free.