Menu

Need some new games for dd6

My girls (5 & 7) like:

Blokus

Chess--I have a beginner version that comes with cards that limit your moves. Ie...you draw a bishop card and the card shows you how you move a bishop, but you HAVE to move only a bishop. This version also equalizes a younger player with an older player.

Bingo

Sum Swamp

I'm getting Sequence for Kids for my 5 yr old. It has really good reviews on Amazon.

My 3 yr old is getting a honeybee/tree version of Kerplunk.

What about Operation, Perfection, one of the Cranium games, or Apples to Apples?

Bananagrams or one of the spinoffs?

Looking forward to hearing others' suggestions!

Lana

Games my girls love that:

Zues on the Loose

Forbidden Island

Sleeping Queens

Frog Juice

These are all games by Gamewright that have been big hits in my house. They are marketed to children but adults won't mind when the kids want to play them again and again. In fact Forbidden Island is on my 20 year old sister's Christmas wish list.

Numbers League - we have this one on order based on a friends recommendation. Tt looks like lots of fun and sneaks in a bit of math.

Apples to Apples Junior - like the adult version but with less pop cultural references that kids might not get, good for groups of more than three

Carcassonne - fantastic game. It's actually an adult game that's easy enough for children to play. DH and I love playing it by ourselves after the kids go to sleep. They can play and actually be competitive though with this game.

Animal Yhatzee - very easy starter game of Yhatzee. Cute and fun for kids.

All these games are available on amazon and none are very expensive.

Edited by aggieamy

Some games my kiddos enjoy:

Sorry

Guess Who

Cadoo

Yahtzee

Farkle (we just play with dice we already have and rules printed from the internet)

We are getting them Apples to Apples Junior, Set, and maybe Rush Hour or Qwirkle for Christmas.

Also, if you have a Barnes & Noble near you they have a huge selection of children's games on display right now. I was in to pick up an item for a friend and was drooling over all the choices.

Oh, I third Blink! You can play it with her, just give her a few less cards to make it even (first one to get rid of her half of the deck is the winner).

We love Trouble at our house, too--I just beat dd 3 times yesterday. Now she has to do the laundry. (Just kidding!)

There are also some nice cooperative games in the Rainbow Resources catty. I think one has to do with forest animals and another is a harvesting game--both are fun.

Mancala is pretty easy to learn. We also like card games, such as Crazy 8's and war.

Oh, and Zingo!