Menu

What are your favorite apps for ipod/iphone?

Heather,

I just got an iPhone this week and I know what you mean about the apps!

I have read these kind of posts before, so I started a Word file and saved peoples' suggestions. Do you want me to email you the file and you can go through it on your own? There are some repeats, as some people like the same games for their kids (or whatever), but it's been worthwhile and very helpful!

Caralyn

I had to ask this question a year ago when I got my iPhone. :)

My favorite app has been the game Fuzzle. It is a fun puzzle game; I think you can try it for free. I really didn't think I'd use my phone for games. But When you go to JoAnn Fabrics and realize there are 13 customers in front of you, and only 2 cashiers...just whip out the phone and play Fuzzle.

Could you tell me a little more about these two?

Oh, I have Catholic religious applications such as the Divine Office (Liturgy of the Hours). Some Protestants use it as well but it's definitely Catholic. I was suggesting that you download apps suitable for your religion.

mSecure stores your sensitive information. It's most helpful for website logins/passwords and account information.

I got everything through iTunes.

I have an ESV bible on mine, I think it was free. You can search very quickly and easily, but it's not a study bible. I'd like to next download my ESV study bible!

I also really like Mah Jong. I don't actually have an iPhone (not YET! stupid Verizon contract:cursing:) but I have a few apps on my dd's iTouch. We don't have wifi in the house, so that limits some apps on the iTouch. It wouldn't on a phone. Sorry not to be better help. If you do a search for iPhone or iTouch you can glean lots of tips for apps from past threads. Have fun!:D <-- green with jealousy!

Also, if you haven't check out iTunes University (iTunes U) there is a whole sub-section of iTunes loaded with college lectures from universities like Standford, Harvard, Berkeley (my alma mater), Oxford, Cambridge and many more.

Free for the download. The search function (better called "browse" function) is weak, but I'm surprised iTunes U isn't more talked about here.

Bill

Fling (logical/puzzle type game)

Set (same as the card game, good logical matching/grouping game)

Doodlejump (mindless but fun game)

Moonlight (a Mahjong game)

Pandora (radio- free for so many hours per month)

Stanza (my ebook reader of choice here, lots of free books available online)

Simon Classic (just like the game, improve your digit span memory)

Flashcard Touch (a free flashcard app with lots of already made sets available online on Quizlets - we got our MCT Caesars English sets from some nice person who had already completed them)

PocketSword (handy Bible app that allows you to download many different versions and switch between them easily for comparison, also has options for various commentaries and dictionaries - all for free!)

Dictionary (free - has a dictionary and thesaurus - from dictionary.com)

iTunes U also has heaps of audiobooks for free. They're generally broken up into sections and I had to do a bit of fiddling to make them play in order on my Nano, but they were wonderful, and easy once I figured it all out.

My DDs loved Anne of Green Gables from there.

Miranda

"Practical" Apps I love:

CalenGoo

ListMaster

iReformed

Health n Family

iPeriod

Shopping Aid

iTreadmill

Just for the fun of it (and they make my kids happy, too):

Addicting Games: 50 States

UnblockMe

Jumbline 2

Labyrinth LE

Mighty Mighty Good Games: Sudoku

Latin Word of the Day

Dictionary.com (ds wanted a word of the day)

White Noise

Hangman

Mental Math Tricks

All but CalenGoo were free or less than $2. CalenGoo was worth the $7.