Menu

So is anyone else planning to get an x-box Kinect system

I didn't see this thread earlier, but I wanted to let anyone who is considering it know that it really is awesome!

Dh managed to get our family in on the BETA testing, so we starting using it a few months ago. We'll be trading in some old games to pick up new Kinect games for Christmas.

FWIW, we have a Wii, but Kinect goes way beyond following a wireless controller. My girls are playing the dance game right now, and they're having a blast. It senses their entire body, so there's no cheating! ;)

Between that game and the Zumba title I just saw online, I'm going to have no excuse for keeping this baby weight!

I was really wanting a wii, but after seeing this we really might be going to get it instead.

Now does it work with only certain games or is there a lot of games?

For a new release, I feel there are a good number of titles out right now, and I don't doubt there will be many more coming. My resident techno-geek says there's some grumbling about varying quality between the different developers' titles. While none of them are *bad*, people are claiming that Microsoft gave some of the developers more insider info than others. I don't understand that kind of thing, so I just nod and change the subject. :tongue_smilie: So you might want to do your own research on that aspect.

I got mine at Kmart this week. It had the best deal, buy it, get a $25 coupon towards a game (coupon redeemable after the 11/14, buy it with a game and get both the $25 coupon and $15 coupon both good on another game, it starts on the 11/14 to use the coupons.

The Kmart sale ends today, but I'd be on the lookout for more deals. MS is much better about keeping things in stock than Nintendo is, so there should not be a shortage.