Menu

S/O Scariest Halloween memory

ICK! I don't know. . .

I remember seeing the Burbs when I was about 6 and having nightmares for years. Then I saw it as an adult and couldn't believe how scary I had thought it was. =)

I've never seen it. But I looked on imdb and it was probably Corey Feldman who scared you! :lol::D

Edited by unsinkable

I grew up in a very scary (lots of drug dealers & such) section of town, so my scariest memory is when my dad would go through my candy and weed out the potentially unsafe candy from my bag :tongue_smilie:... it made the rest of what was left always less appetizing. He also would have us throw away some candy immediately from a certain neighbor... we had to go there to keep the peace, but we were to hold onto the candy and not put it in our bags so that we would be sure to throw it out.

I grew up in a very scary (lots of drug dealers & such) section of town, so my scariest memory is when my dad would go through my candy and weed out the potentially unsafe candy from my bag :tongue_smilie:... it made the rest of what was left always less appetizing. He also would have us throw away some candy immediately from a certain neighbor... we had to go there to keep the peace, but we were to hold onto the candy and not put it in our bags so that we would be sure to throw it out.

I can see how that would make the rest of the candy lose its appeal!

Edited by unsinkable
its its its its, I meant its, not it's

Mine isn't a horror film, but my 2nd grade teacher scared the bejeesus out of half her class (me included!) the year she faked getting a cold in the middle of the school day, left, then came back as Miss Viola Swamp!

Kids crying and hiding under their desks. Seriously. :lol:

Mine isn't a horror film, but my 2nd grade teacher scared the bejeesus out of half her class (me included!) the year she faked getting a cold in the middle of the school day, left, then came back as Miss Viola Swamp!

What a riot!

My sister teaches 2nd grade and would have loved this idea!

I don't have a scary Halloween memory.

But I have a sort of sad one.

I was maybe 10 years old. My father had disappeared. My mother I guess was broke. And she was going somewhere (probably an AA meeting or something), so we were to be with a teenaged babysitter who was willing to take us trick or treating, except I had no costume, and I was hysterically bawling over this.

So my mother gave me her fake fur coat and put makeup on me and said, "You can go as a fancy lady."

I was totally pleased with this until we ran across some teenaged boys and one of them said to me, "What are you supposed to be? A wh0re?"

I wasn't even sure what that meant. But I knew by his tone and his friend's snickers and so on that it wasn't anything good. I think I started crying again and just wanted to go home.

Worst Halloween Ever!

I was maybe 10 years old. My father had disappeared. My mother I guess was broke. And she was going somewhere (probably an AA meeting or something), so we were to be with a teenaged babysitter who was willing to take us trick or treating, except I had no costume, and I was hysterically bawling over this.

So my mother gave me her fake fur coat and put makeup on me and said, "You can go as a fancy lady."

I was totally pleased with this until we ran across some teenaged boys and one of them said to me, "What are you supposed to be? A wh0re?"

I wasn't even sure what that meant. But I knew by his tone and his friend's snickers and so on that it wasn't anything good. I think I started crying again and just wanted to go home.

Worst Halloween Ever!

How sad. When you said "fancy lady," I automatically thought of "Here's your one chance Fancy, dont' let me down..."

Argggh!

How long did she keep the costume on for?

Worst Halloween Ever!

That's awful. :glare: No candy for them! Creeps!

The first "scary" Halloween movie I ever saw was with an 18 year old guy when I was 13. Candyman. LOL He kept grabbing my leg and scaring me through the movie...but during the "scary" parts, it was HIM holding on to ME and burying his head on my sholder.

The truly SCARY part was that I actually went out with him again!

Is that the one that takes place in an abandoned apartment building?

If it is what I am thinking of, the previews scared me so much I didn't see it.

I was in college and went to a scary movie with a friend. I can't remember what the movie was but there was a lot of fog in the movie. When I left the theater after the movie it was 3 a.m. I had parked further away than my friend and I don't know why I didn't walk to her car with her and then have her drive me to my car but when I walked out of the theater it was so foggy that I ran to my car and prayed the whole way home. :lol:

Argggh!

How long did she keep the costume on for?

Like 5 minutes. :tongue_smilie:I think she even had to call in one of the office ladies to help convince us it was actually our real teacher as she stood there taking off the wig and make-up and fake nose.

My dad and I came home one Halloween night, and this stranger was sitting on the chair on our front porch. He seemed very drunk, and a little incoherent. We truly did not recognize him. My dad asked. "Can I help you?" The guy asked, "Do you have a problem?" The guy seemed to be very agitated and starting to get aggressive. My dad said, "Dawn, get in the house." I walked around the flower bed toward the front door and begged my dad to come in.

A few seconds later, my mom opened the door and the guy said (since he knew my dad was about to get very upset), "Jerry, it's me, Bruce."

It was our neighbor. He had stuffed cotton balls in his mouth and dressed as a "hobo."

He scared the dickens out of us. He had called my mom and told her what he was doing, and she said she never would have guessed it to be him if she didn't know better.

My scariest Halloween memory is not scary in the pee-your-pants gruesome sort of way, but it sure got my heart racing.

When I was in 7th grade I helped out at our church's "Noah's Ark Party" with the other teens. Afterward we went over to girl's house to watch movies. We got bored and decided to go Christmas caroling on Halloween. The girl's 6th grade brother wanted to come with us, so they told him he could only come if he agreed to pull me in a wagon, since I had a sprained ankle and couldn't keep up on crutches. As we were crossing a dark street, a group of older teen boys dressed in black started throwing eggs and taunting and threatening us. The other teens in my group took off running, leaving me and an 11-year-old alone in the middle of the street! Fortunately a couple of the older boys realized what they'd done and came back for us and the hooligans moved on.

Ok, this actually isn't MY memory, but since I caused it, I feel the right to tell it. :)

Before we got married, my DH and I lived in an historic district of an old town. In the month or so leading up to Halloween, they would do walking ghost tours where a "docent" would lead a group of people from one building to another telling about the "ghosts" that were purported to reside there.

Well, one night DH and I were on our way out to dinner [great thing about that town, there were like 13 different restaurants we could choose from to walk to when the mood struck us], and when I opened the door, a girl [maybe 12-13?] standing on our stoop SCREAMED. Apparently the ghost tour had stopped at our building, and the docent was telling his story [not sure what story since that building was fairly new...ish], and my "suddenly" opening the door had freaked her out!

I can't help but laugh about it, but I'm sure it wasn't funny to her.