Menu

Intro. from former board member

Guest lapaysanne

Guest lapaysanne

Hello All!

I participated on this forum in the past under the name Sarah in VA. This was probably 6 years or so ago. At that time, someone had taken my handle and I bowed out of the conversations. Call it a long board break. I realized I was spending an inordinate amount of time on the boards!

I fondly recall some of you! Perhaps you are still here. Colleen, Jessica with Trivium Academy, Joanne of "Pass the Beandip" fame, Butch, Quiverfull (cinnamon bun recipe), OhElizabeth and more. I remember the intrigues with certain trolls, funny posts regarding mangoes, etc.

I am now in my 8th year of homeschooling. My greatest find on the boards was Rightstart Math. As my oldest approaches Middle School, I find that I return here lurking rather often. So here I am!

Glad to be here,

Sarah

Guest lapaysanne

Thanks to everyone for welcoming me. I always think that it is very kind to take the time to do so.

Chris,

Yes, we are still in VA. Perhaps you may remember as searching for options in french instruction? That was my usual line since my husband is french.

It dawned on me that I probably really departed from these forums as our little farm grew. That is where I found my handle, lapaysanne. It's our farm name!

Sarah

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Hello All!

I participated on this forum in the past under the name Sarah in VA. This was probably 6 years or so ago. At that time, someone had taken my handle and I bowed out of the conversations. Call it a long board break. I realized I was spending an inordinate amount of time on the boards!

I fondly recall some of you! Perhaps you are still here. Colleen, Jessica with Trivium Academy, Joanne of "Pass the Beandip" fame, Butch, Quiverfull (cinnamon bun recipe), OhElizabeth and more. I remember the intrigues with certain trolls, funny posts regarding mangoes, etc.

I am now in my 8th year of homeschooling. My greatest find on the boards was Rightstart Math. As my oldest approaches Middle School, I find that I return here lurking rather often. So here I am!

Glad to be here,

Sarah

Hey, there, Sarah!!

I'm still here, at less volume than before. Since your last participation, I divorced (abuse/adultery), began homeschooling others, remarried, went through a 3 year custody battle (won) and just this year my kids are in school for the first time. My oldest is in public high school (as part of the mediated settlement) and my other two attend the private school in which I teach high school. (I still homeschool LA for my youngest and a private student. This will change next year when I teach Language Arts 6-12 :tongue_smilie:).

I am nearly finished getting my masters of arts in counseling - a professional extension of bean dip. ;)

Glad to "see" you!